Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2019, 07:56 PM   #1

2017 Leprechaun 260DS Ford E450 questions

My apologies if some of these items have been covered in other threads. I searched but did not find them.

I purchased this unit used with limited documentation so some of these may be stupid questions.

First, I have read some info on the Roadmaster heavy duty front and rear stabilizers for the F450 chassis and am interesting is doing this upgrade. Anyone with experience with these bars please share your thoughts.

Second, my unit is equipped with hydraulic jacks. Can these be used to lift the coach of its wheels for short periods such as to replace a tire or maintenance work or will this cause damage?

Finally, has anyone installed a full coach water filter? My old flagstaff 23fbds had one directly inline with the outside water connector, it would be nice to have one on the Leprechaun.

Thanks,
RoadNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #2

I installed the Loadmaster stabilizer on mine. It works great.

The manual states not to you should use jacks when performing work on the unit and not to trust them when doing work on them. Thus, I would not.

Most of us use water filter close to the post where the hose connects.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
World Wide Wanderer

I will use the jacks, however, I will also use a jack stand as back up.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I will use the jacks, however, I will also use a jack stand as back up.

Aaron
That was the answer I was looking for. Obviously its dumb to crawl under something without jack or tire stands in place. My concern was damaging the jacks trying to lift the coach off the tires.

My procedure would be, lift the coach, place jack stands, lower onto stand. Complete work, lift coach, remove stand, lower coach, Done! I would do the same thing if a tire change was needed.
RoadNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:22 PM   #5

Stabilizer Bars for 2018 Leprechaun 311FS E-450

I had installed on my 2018 Leprechaun 311FS, the Roadmaster rear sway bar and also SuperSteer Trac-Bars both on the rear suspension. I have seen a huge improvement in control in wind conditions and big rigs passing me from opposite direction. I plan to install Roadmaster sway bar on front end next season for added stability. So far it seems to be worth the expense.
BobfromMinden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford