Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
Travlin man

2017 Orion 21RS modifications

I purchased my MH new last year (2018) and have been busy making it right for my wife and me. Much time and effort has been expended and I thought there may be some out there that might benefit from what I have done. Rather than trying to put it all in this space, you can access the text and photos at:

https://orion21rstravlinman.blogspot...fications.html
J Cornwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:55 PM   #2

Great blog. I have a 20cb. We like it very much. I also made some mods, mainly 12-volt items like the inside tv and usb outlets. Fun times!
npoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Travlin man

Thanks for the post. I just got back from a quick 2-dayer into the Olympic NP. I had added some more mods and wanted to test them out before DW went out with me...the real test! I love the size, mpg, ease of driving, and just plain fun of my Orion. Glad you do too.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:00 PM   #4

Great Blog!
New 24RB here. Just starting to look at ways to “personalize” it.

1st up was to pull the outside TV & Stereo (the 24RB is limited on outside storage) — that’s now dedicated to cord storage — power cord, 30 amp extension, 20 amp extension, 55/30 and 15(20)/30 Dog bones, coax, etc. Everything except EMS just fits.

Wire shelving in the “closet” done.
Looking at reworking the cabinets similar to what you’ve done. Your blog and picks have provided some great ideas.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #5
Travlin man

That's why I posted my modifications. We weren't happy with many things that came on our new MH, so I went looking for mods from those who had gone before me. Well, I could find only one person who had made some changes on his rig. In fact, I think his model is the same as yours. You can google 2017 Orion owner blog, if you want to find out how he changed his MH. He has been very helpful, but that is all I could find out there. So I decided to chronicle some of my changes for people like you who are looking for "how-to's" for their rigs. I'm happy that you found a new idea or two that might be of use to use.

Some new additions that I forgot to put in my blog site were: installing a slide awning cover over our bed, installing an electrode rod in the water heater to make our hot water when we are plugged in, having our right furrion camera fixed to work as it is supposed to, installing lower steps for entry on the cab, and getting a luggage carrier to fit into the trailer receiver to carry extra stuff that you choose, or can't fit in to the rig when traveling. I'm sure there are additional ones that I will remember later.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #6

Access to blog

I just purchased a 2018 Orion 21RS and as you reference in your post, there are not many Mod sites for this model. Is your blog still active? It gives me a permission denied error when I access. I'd love to see what you have done, if possible.

Thanks,
Jay
Jayke757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:02 AM   #7

How does one receive an invitation to view the blog?
calvin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:05 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin99 View Post
How does one receive an invitation to view the blog?
Suggest that you send the OP a PM since this thread is over 2 years old.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, modifications