Old 06-24-2019, 06:59 PM   #1

2019 21rs

Since my recent retirement and the purchase of our New Coachman 21 RS it has been a nightmare. Started with the fridge not working and 2 trips to the dealer to driving the Blue Ridge Parkway and major internal water leak that ruined our trip. O and I forgot the microwave falling out of the mounting, the hot water circuit board replaced as well as the rear exterior bar lights that house the back up camera and the Chevy truck AC not working properly and now the DVD player only Black and white as well as the rear tail light filling up with water. NO QUALITY Control AT COACHMAN! This is a bad dream coming true. Rant over!

JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:02 PM   #2

I think since Forest River takeover of Coachman the QC is a joke. We have logged over 250 miles just back to the dealer to fix this piece of junk and not done yet!

Old 06-25-2019, 01:48 PM   #3

BTW do not buy any RV with the Chevy Express 4500 chassis. I have spent hours on the phone with General Motors and numerous GM dealers and none in my area are GM warranty dealers or do they want anything to do with an RV.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #4

AC on the Chevy chassis with 2,000 miles on the odometer and nowhere for GM service.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:51 AM   #5

We have a Mirada and it has been the biggest nightmare you could imagine. We just signed the paperwork for a Tiffin yesterday. I'm at the point i dont care what it costs me to get out of this thing. I am 2 years in and have a list of over 80 items that needed to be fixed, each time i go out 3 or 4 more things breaks. I'm done.
manderson2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #6

I might help with a couple of these...
If it is a Suburban water heater... the boards have had many issues.. don't let that get you down. When you get an extra couple bucks buy a Dinosaur brand board and keep for spare.

The t/v is prolly on the wrong input... ask me how I know? Took a teenager to figure it out.

If the tail light is like mine... the lens may be on upside down... the drain notch goes on the bottom.

FWIW these issues will hopefully be forgotten then you get the official camping started
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
We have a Mirada and it has been the biggest nightmare you could imagine. We just signed the paperwork for a Tiffin yesterday. I'm at the point i dont care what it costs me to get out of this thing. I am 2 years in and have a list of over 80 items that needed to be fixed, each time i go out 3 or 4 more things breaks. I'm done.

I feel you pain. I expected Coachman to be a quality unit...extremely disappointed
Old 06-29-2019, 10:01 PM   #8

Not to say Coachmen is perfect but at one of our local FMCA rallies, a beautiful new Tiffin was was towed out on a even more beautiful tri axle 72 ton wrecker because they lost all power. 12 volt and 110 volt. The local dealer spent around 8 hours and made no head way. They traded a Winebago in that was almost as bad. Most of the components are the same as Coachmen and everyone else uses.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResQfrog View Post
Not to say Coachmen is perfect but at one of our local FMCA rallies, a beautiful new Tiffin was was towed out on a even more beautiful tri axle 72 ton wrecker because they lost all power. 12 volt and 110 volt. The local dealer spent around 8 hours and made no head way. They traded a Winebago in that was almost as bad. Most of the components are the same as Coachmen and everyone else uses.

There isn't a single maker that has a 100% track record. I'll take my chances with anyone else other than Coachmen. Reading through the daily issues in the facebook owners group says all i need to know. Meanwhile the folks in the Tiffin group are exchanging recipes and campground pictures. Tiffins have issues, Newmars and Entegra and even Prevost have issues, Coachmen suffers from very poor quality control and poor overall build quality. Simply lazy workers not doing their job. I dont have component problems i have install and assembly problems that are causing the components to break.
manderson2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:01 PM   #10

Retirement

Who would have thought that buying a new motor home with a dream of seeing our country would turn out to be a nightmare? Freelander 21RS

Tags
tire