Old 05-04-2020, 12:54 PM   #1

2019 Leprechaun 210RS Brake Controller

Hello! I am relatively new to RVing and purchased a 2019 Leprechaun 210RS. I am looking to do some hauling with it and want to install a brake controller, due to time constraints I have to do it myself as everybody around me is booked up solid for weeks.

Can anybody help me understand where I can find the brake controller wiring? Is it a quick connect or will I have to do splicing? Any info or photos would be incredibly appreciated, as I've had trouble getting answers for this from dealers. I have come across a lot of tutorials for brake controller setup but many of them show the entire process including the 7-wire input at the hitch, mine already has that installed. Again, thank you so much for any help.

mferrari7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #2

Iím not 100% but I donít think you have a connector under your dash, what chassis do you have? You can call Coachmen they can answer that for you, but I think you will have to splice it in. Sorry canít be of more help but I donít have a plug in modular on mine that I have found.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:33 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! I went nuts trying to find the connector, but no dice! I found an RV shop nearby that had openings so I brought it in to get done and I just got off of the phone with them a little while ago, there is no quick connect, and not even wiring for a brake controller. In case it helps other Leprechaun owners, here's what I found out more or less.
  • I have the Chevy/GMC 4500 version.
  • There is no quick connect.
  • There is not even wiring present to hardwire it in, you have to wire it from scratch.
  • If you have the Ford version, there should be either a quick connect or the wiring at least under the dash.
mferrari7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #4

Yes, I have a Concord on a Chevy 4500 Chassis also. I couldn’t fine mine. To use my car in tow I even had to add extra bulbs in my tail lights and wire them in, I had to but them or the kit from blue ox. Well safe travels to you...��

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:24 PM   #5

I have to start from scratch when I installed mine. I ran wired all the way from the back connection to the front to make sure it will work correctly.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, brake control, controller