Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2022, 08:14 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to wdbates Send a message via MSN to wdbates Send a message via Yahoo to wdbates
2019 mirada fw water tank fill

IS Only way to fill the water tank is to hook up a hose to water tank fill fitting?
And how do you know when the tank is full? 'I ran back and forth and kept checking the level ,but I was wondering if there is some kind of vent line so you dont blowout the tank?

thanks

I found the water tank drain in the outside kitchen by the water pump thanks to a forum member
wdbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:23 PM   #2

There is a vent line and the water should start dripping out of that when it's full. It's probably somewhere near the water tank drain. One note of caution, you don't want the hose wide open when you fill it.

The alternative is getting a water flow meter so that you can see how much you've put into the tank .... https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09742V8...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Old 08-13-2022, 11:44 PM   #3

There’s an overflow tube so when it’s full additional water will spill out. That’s different from the drain which is used to empty the tank.

Definitely get a water meter. That way you can determine how much your tank holds, but more importantly you can carry the amount you need vs just guessing or carrying a full tank. Mine holds 40 gal but I usually carry no more than 10 until getting close to my destination. Otherwise you’re going to waste a bunch of fuel and have lower acceleration and longer stopping distances. I got one from Amazon for less than $20.

The built in gauge is a very rough approximation of empty, 1/3, 2/3 and full tank with no indication of the actual amount it holds
calvin99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank