Old 12-31-2019, 01:35 PM   #1

2019 Pursuit 29SS 7-way

I searched this forum and didn't find my answers.
1) My unit has the factory 7-way. I assume there is a connector under the dash to hook up a brake controller. I can't find it. Anyone KNOW where it is?
2) Assuming there is a connector, what adapter would it take? (Planning on using a Tekonsha P3 controller.)
3) There is not a 12V power wire in the receptacle. (They only used the 6 necessary connections. My MC trailer need 12V for the inside lights.) Any recommendations on where to run for a power source?
Thanks!

WRudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
Head Rambler

1) That's an F53 Ford chassis, so you should be able to go to the ford upfitter site and find out where the brake controller harness connector is located. They're normally strapped to the steering column, but yours may be different.

2) Tekonsha should have a recommended harness for the F53.

3) The upfitter site should tell you where the nearest chassis 12 volt power is. There should be 12 volts in the tow connector near the rear axle.
FR should have some 12 volt power close to the rear of the unit that you could tap off of.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:12 PM   #3

Our 2017 31SB pursuit had the wires hanging under the dash above the brake pedal towards the fire wall. It was a bundle of wires that were taped off at the ends and were just pushed up with the other wires. when pulled down they reached the floor with a little slack. I'm Pretty sure they were all labeled for the brake controller. I did run a 10 gauge wire from the engine battery to the rear to make sure I had enough power to run my onboard charger for my toad.
DaveandChris is offline   Reply With Quote