Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2021, 03:23 PM   #21

I dealt with Jason Johnson through this link:

https://coachmenrv.com/contact-us

Click the drop down list by Motorhomes Class C for the contacts.

I tried calling a few times but never got an answer. I sent an email through the link which takes you to a Forest River email form that you can use. I figured that would be better than an outside email that might get caught in a spam filter. I got an email response from Ron Ross, Customer Service & Parts Manager, Coachmen RV Class C Division of Forest River, Inc. He's the one that suggested it was a wheel well problem. Jason Johnson is the one that reached out to our dealer.

These gentlemen were very willing to help. I still haven't driven in the rain yet so I don't know for sure if it's fixed. I'll update when I know for sure.

Good luck!
BT3927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:50 AM   #22

Thank you for that information. Much appreciated. Seems odd that this appears to be a known issue, but Forest River, after 3+ years, still has not fixed the problem.
Kerryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:21 PM   #23

I happened to be sitting in my coach in driveway reading this. I do this when my life overwhelms me which is often lately. I fool myself that I am actually on a trip in my beloved RV...

Anyway, pity party over, I immediately went out and checked my wheel wells. I do not have the water problem. This unit has, knock on wood, been amazingly well built. BUT not a drop of sealant!

What did they use to put a bead around the joints under there? I will do before any issues arise...
2023 Thor Quantum 31LF TRADED!
2023 Forest River MBS 2400T TRADED
2024 Forest River Berkshire XLT 45E
Mmgulfcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:27 PM   #24

I'm not sure what the sealant is. It looks like a black silicone.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:29 AM   #25

Hey everyone, I contacted Jason Johnson from Forest River, at the number provided by BT3927 this morning, and Jason said that it definitely was water spray from tires in the unsealed wheel wells. He is sending the fix to the dealer that currently has my coach. Since I refused to take it back to my Forest River dealer, I will have to pay for the service performed, but Forest River will reimburse me fully. Thank you to everyone for helping me to get this issue taken care of finally.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:30 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryk View Post
Hey everyone, I contacted Jason Johnson from Forest River, at the number provided by BT3927 this morning, and Jason said that it definitely was water spray from tires in the unsealed wheel wells. He is sending the fix to the dealer that currently has my coach. Since I refused to take it back to my Forest River dealer, I will have to pay for the service performed, but Forest River will reimburse me fully. Thank you to everyone for helping me to get this issue taken care of finally.
Thats great news but when FR stated they'd pay in full do they mean they'll pay the shop rate where you have it which could be $150 an hr. or more or will they pay the rate at which FR pays their dealers to do warranty work which is substantially less more like $50 an hr. Because I'm sure where you got it now will probably be charging you their normal shop rate. Unless you did what I worked with FR over a year ago where I didn't want to go back to a FR for my work either picked a place near me. Forward all the info to my FR POC who did whatever they had to make sure the work was done and they got paid. I left a happy camper.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:31 AM   #27

Didn't think about that. I told them that my coach was at a different dealer for service and I did not want to work with the original dealer anymore. I was told to just send them a copy of the bill and they would reimburse me. Nothing was said about reimbursement at a limited shop time rate. They have all my warranty work records and can see how many times it has been in the shop for water intrusion into the coach. I guess I better send them an email verifying they will reimburse in full. Thank you
Old 01-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #28

Quote:
Didn't think about that. I told them that my coach was at a different dealer for service and I did not want to work with the original dealer anymore. I was told to just send them a copy of the bill and they would reimburse me. Nothing was said about reimbursement at a limited shop time rate. They have all my warranty work records and can see how many times it has been in the shop for water intrusion into the coach. I guess I better send them an email verifying they will reimburse in full. Thank you
Good idea if this isn't an authorized FR dealer it could become an issue and I stress could so it doesn't hurt to have it in writing directly from FR. You don't want to be stuck with any part of the bill afterwards.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:38 PM   #29

Please let us what is finally done and if it works. All of us can learn.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:31 AM   #30
NXR

Quote:
Hi BT3927
Could you please provide the phone number that you used to contact Forest River? I have a 2017 Leprechaun MB319 (purchased 2019, new) that pools massive amounts of water while driving through the rain, by the fridge, at the step to the bedroom.
Go here: https://coachmenrv.com/contact-us and expand out the Leprechaun section. It may be this person:

Jason Johnson
Customer Service Representative (Concord, Freelander, Leprechaun)
+1 574-825-8451
JJJohnson@forestriverinc.com

Or use this form to send something to him: https://coachmenrv.com/contact-us/7/317

Good luck,

Ray
Old 01-20-2021, 04:01 AM   #31

Quote:

You can take Jason at his word, if he has okayed it and told you to send him the bill, they will pay the whole bill. Coachmen and Jason are very good and straight forward, they don’t play the normal FR games, you can trust him.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:27 PM   #32

Update:
We drove our Leprechaun through some light rain today and there was no water on the floor underneath the slide out. It looks like the caulking and sealing of the rear wheel wells suggested by Coachmen Customer Service worked. In addition to the caulking, I liberally applied spray on automotive undercoating as added protection. Hopefully that problem is solved!
Old 03-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #33

That's great news. Hopefully its behind you permanently and you can enjoy your coach without worrying about that issue again. Thxs
Great Granddaughter - Cora (2 y/o)
Great Grandson - Zek (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (6 y/o)
Old 03-09-2021, 11:34 PM   #34

Can you please post photos of how it looks now? I think we can also learned from your experience.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 06:56 PM   #35

Hello BT3927,

I had the same issue happen with my 2019 319MB this past summer - water leaked under the front slide while driving in a rainstorm. I’m curious if the caulking that was done in your rear wheel well solved the problem? Have you had any leakage problems since then? I’m planning to seal my wheel well as you described and I was just wondering if that was indeed the problem. Thanks for posting about it - it was very helpful!

Dave
Dave890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 12:13 PM   #36

I bet I know where your slide out is leaking.
On the outside of your slide there is a wide plastic lip. Where that lips contacts the fiberglass side of the RV on the sides and bottom needs to be caulked well. The water will go down behind that piece of plastic and run into your rv from the interior of the slide out wall. Caulking that plastic surround fixed the problem 100%
pwngsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, leak, slide, slide out