Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

Question 2020 Leprechaun 220 QB Winterize points?

I am hoping there are others out there with this model that can help. I just bought it and am learning! It may have some slight differences as it was sold originally to a rental outfit. The manuals and videos supplied by Coachmen are general in nature and I do not have some of the "access panels" they picture. I have found the low point drain valves and there are four of them instead of the three shown in most pictures and videos. Can anyone tell me what each of them are for? I cannot find the water heater "bypass". Anyone know where that is on this model? Also cannot find any fresh water shutoff. I know that is a lot of questions but if anyone has the same model and can help with winterizing ....I would greatly appreciate it.
mobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #2

On ours, Water Heater bypass is under sink, behind furnace heater hoses there are 4 valves to close. I believe the three main drain valves are for fresh water tank, cold water lines and hot water lines, not sure of the fourth valve myself. The pump is located under the bathroom and is accessible by removing the lowest panel in the large storage area under the bed.
BJPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:48 PM   #3

Another "problem" with my Leprechaun...any help out there?

Kind of "connected" to my winterizing problem is this: of course on the rear left side of the motorhome are three "hose connections". One for city water. One for potable water going to a freshwater tank. and one to flush the black water tank. That one, the one to flush the blackwater tank has a caution to open a valve. On a different part of the forum, the terminology they use is explained as making sure the blackwater tank drain blade is open. So...my problem is that when I open the valve and hook up a hose to that flush port...nothing happens. No water is being "accepted". No flush is happening. Nothing happens. Is there someone with my same model Leprechaun that can tell me if there is some OTHER valve to OPEN to get the water to flush through the tank? This seems to be a weird problem. Any help?
Old 11-08-2020, 02:14 PM   #4

Sorry, I have never seen this caution and have no idea what valve is being referred to. I simply attach my water hose and it fills my black tank to flush. I was told that water is directed around the tank to wash the sides and bottom down. Your other option is to put the hose in the toilet with the flush valve open to fill and flush.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:16 PM   #5

Are they referring to the drain blade for the black tank as part of your sewage dumping location at the rear driver side of the unit? So you dont overfill your black tank and have sewage back up into the toilet?
Old 11-08-2020, 02:30 PM   #6

Yes

There is a caution sign/tag above the inlet that says to open the blade on the blackwater exit. My weird problem is that when I do all this .... no water goes in at all. That is why I wondered if there was another "valve" of some kind on my model of Leprechaun that I needed to open.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:38 PM   #7

2020 Leprechaun 220 QB Black Tank Flush Problem - Will Not Take Water In

Ok, this seems like a very weird problem to me, but I guess a lot of requests for help here are considered weird by the posters! Anyway, the hose input for the blackwater tank flush on my 2020 Leprechaun 220 QB has the normal caution to open the "fullway termination valve" before flushing. On other parts of this forum, I verified that this is their way of saying "pull the blackwater tank drain blade" before flushing...I get it. So I pull the drain blade, hook up the hose and turn it on....then ...nothing. No flushing of tank or water going in anywhere. I check inside and outside the motorhome to see if the water is flowing in or out anywhere. Nothing. So I have tried this "flush" process over and over with the same nothing happening. I tried "snaking" the inlet and the snake seemed to go all the way to the tank with no obstruction (key word = "seemed"). Now, I know I can just put a hose down the toilet and flush the tank but this is a new motorhome for me (2020 - but 17,000 miles on it - used) and I am trying to make sure all "systems" work as intended. If anyone knows of a valve or system or whatever that must be turned on to make this work I would appreciate the help. Weird problem....
Old 11-09-2020, 09:27 AM   #8

It sounds like your back flow preventer on the flush may be installed backwards its something you can check.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
It sounds like your back flow preventer on the flush may be installed backwards its something you can check.
I found it and removed it. Just testing it by blowing into it. Shouldn't it allow air flow in the direction of the indicated water flow? Mine does not allow air flow in either direction. Is that a good test?
Old 11-09-2020, 01:25 PM   #10

maybe the nozzles are plugged I would think you should able to blow thru it. did you remove the hose on the down stream side of the back flow preventer? did you test the preventer for correct operation.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
maybe the nozzles are plugged I would think you should able to blow thru it. did you remove the hose on the down stream side of the back flow preventer? did you test the preventer for correct operation.

It was installed wrong at the factory. It was installed backward. The factory guy emailed me and told me that and, hehe, I doubted what he said! But when I reversed it everything worked fine. Geesh. He said that is the common problem. I am glad I finally found the answer, but feel a little shaky about finding out what else in other systems is "commonly installed backwards". Oh well, I will keep all the good advice you and others have given me about all the things I need to look for with this particular system. THANKS!
Old 11-09-2020, 02:10 PM   #12

Sounds like there is a blockage in the water inlet for the black tank to me...warranty? Back to RV sales lot to get it checked out me thinks?
Old 11-09-2020, 03:54 PM   #13

Found the problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJPayne View Post
Sounds like there is a blockage in the water inlet for the black tank to me...warranty? Back to RV sales lot to get it checked out me thinks?

The problem turn out to be the backflow prevention valve was installed at the factory backward. I turned it around to the correct flow position and the system worked fine. A factory guy emailed me and told me it is common to find them installed backward. jeesch. Oh well, thanks for your help.

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank, water, winter, winterize