Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2022, 04:39 PM   #1

Cool 2021 Coachmen Sports Coach Opti-View Out

Hello-

We have a 2021 365RB. We’re currently full timers. Enjoying it, but now our dash display (Opti-View) will not come on. Makes it a little tough to know what’s happening in “command central” with the display completely dark.

Has anyone else experienced this on their Sports Coach and if so what’s the fix?

I’ve read a few threads and seems like this is a Freightliner problem with a “Viper” board?. I’ve already unplugged the Cat 7 data cable as recommended and no change.

Is the best thing to make an appointment with a local Freightliner shop?

Thanks
Maine Dog
MaineDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:34 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!
Is your rig still covered under warranty? Are you near the dealer you purchased it from?
Old 04-21-2022, 03:57 PM   #3

Response

Still under warranty with Freightliner. Found a Freightliner shop 30 minutes away today. That’s good news!

Service advisor working with parts to see how long it will take to get “recall” parts.

My particular rig has 3 recalls open and one of them is for the Viper low voltage regulator. I think that’s the component that’s causing my opti-view outage.

The dealer I bought it from is in Florida. We’re in Maine now, so no that’s a “no go:.

Thanks for your reply.
MaineDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 10:37 AM   #4

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you're near a Freightliner dealer. Hope the parts come in soon.
Old 04-23-2022, 06:06 PM   #5

This model is the exact one that my wife and I want to move into so you can understand my interest in your experiences. I am retiring this year and we currently are running a really nice Ram dually and a fiver and want to upgrade but having second and third thoughts, just can't pull the trigger. How are you liking yours so far?
Ratchethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 02:47 AM   #6

Opti View

Hi there,
My display went out as well on my 2021 339DS before the recall came out.
My local Freightliner shop sent a mobile crew to me for the Viper diagnostic and then the replace. No problems since. I also have the shift software update and the rear PDM recalls which I'll have to take to them once I determine they're not swamped with all the others at their shop.
Best regards,
Erik
Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 12:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchethead View Post
want to upgrade but having second and third thoughts, just can't pull the trigger. How are you liking yours so far?
I’ll never go near another Sprinter van. Way too many problems that can only be fixed by the dealership, even if not recalled. A 300 mile tow due to a jammed ignition switch was the last straw for me. That occurred about a week after the driver’s side window went down, but wouldn’t come back up because a plastic part worth about 10 cents broke. That part was a component of a $600 window mechanism that Mercedes only sells as a complete package. (Luckily, someone manufactures and sells a metal replacement part on eBay for about $50 because he saw an opportunity to assist people not willing to pay the MB ransom).

Sprinters are bad news unless you have deep pockets and easy access to a dealership.
calvin99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, sport