Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2022, 01:20 PM   #1

2021 Leprechaun 210RS

taking our first road trip in two months. Tried to fill the fresh water tank yesterday, but it wouldn't accept any water. I don't have a gravity feed, but a screw in connection e to the city water port. I do not see a pressure check valve in there. My RV was a previous rental unit. In the basement, I have access to three "t valves, just small little Ts that can be pushed in, or pulled out. When pushed in, my plumbing works as it should, pulled up, it dumps all of the water out of the system.

Next to the bed, and between the bed and dinette, I have a porthole cover with a turn valve, is there any reason to believe this valve shuts off water from getting into the fresh tank?

I have the belief the dealership hides much of the plumbing from renters to avoid them making fatal errors with the coach.

Help us please!
turret_plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:42 PM   #2

Hopefully someone with the same make model will get you going but is there access to the fw tank area?

Sounds like this unit is somewhat new to you. I'd go look at the line to the tank and investigate from there.

Dumb question - are you sure your filling the fw tank or hooked up to city water? Sorry for asking
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisParise View Post
Hopefully someone with the same make model will get you going but is there access to the fw tank area?

Sounds like this unit is somewhat new to you. I'd go look at the line to the tank and investigate from there.

Dumb question - are you sure your filling the fw tank or hooked up to city water? Sorry for asking
Well, I know that the inlet I was connected to for the fresh water says “city connection”, and that was working at the campground, the one next to it says “fresh tank fill” which is threaded as well.

I think I located the bypass valve, I’m going to hook it to my garden hose later to see if the tank will fill. The valve is just under the FW tank, so it would make sense.
Old 05-03-2022, 12:01 AM   #4

Quote:
I have a porthole cover with a turn valve, is there any reason to believe this valve shuts off water from getting into the fresh tank?
I have a 2018 Orion 20CB. It has a porthole with 3 T valves for low point drains. Near those low point drains is a turn valve that, if closed, will definitely prevent water from entering the freshwater tank. It’s the same type of valve commonly found under the sink in a sticks and bricks home to shutoff water supply to a faucet.

I’ve never understood it’s purpose in front of the freshwater tank, but it’s there.

Hopefully this helps
calvin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 04:18 AM   #5

That does help, I found the valve, only after calling the dealership who told me the plumbing was set up different at the factory to keep renters from fiddling with things.

Thanks!

Tags
2021, 210