Old 08-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #1

20cb winterizing

Anyone have experience winterizing this particular model? Any thoughts on using a cover and if so what brand?

NB2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #2

As most TT's seem to have little differences on where pump is located, low point drain locations, how the plumbing is set up for winterizing, your best bet is to look at posted videos that give you the basics of winterizing and go from there. Covers are a "Personal Preference" kind of thing...some do, some don't. I've used a cover for years on 3 TT's so far.

TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:34 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
As most TT's seem to have little differences on where pump is located, low point drain locations, how the plumbing is set up for winterizing, your best bet is to look at posted videos that give you the basics of winterizing and go from there. Covers are a "Personal Preference" kind of thing...some do, some don't. I've used a cover for years on 3 TT's so far.
The OP has a Coachmen Motorhome and posted this thread, in the Coachmen Motorhome sub-forum.
That's why they are asking for model-specific help.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #4

We have a 20CB. There is a deck plate in the wall of the back storage area a little left of the middle. You reach in kinda a long way and there are three little black valves. One for the fresh tank, one for the low point drain and one for hot water low point drain. The little handles just pop up and down. Pull up to drain. You need to do it by feel. We use a blow down fitting on the hose inlet and use compressed air while draining and opening each faucet and the toilet. Also we remove the hot water drain plug and the shower hose and drain them. That takes care of water.

We put the pink anitfreeze in the drain traps and toilet and some in each empty tank to protect the dump valve (3 on the 20cb - 1 black, to gray).

All done in about an hour or so and we use about a gallon of pink.

We don't cover the unit, just the tires, but ours doesn't sit the whole winter.

Jay
jaynwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #5

Cb20

I removed the panel screws that the low point drain access hole and slid the panel to the side. This allows more room to access the low point drains. I have since ran that panel through the table saw to make it slightly smaller to allow complete removal as it will only slide a short distance to the side before stopping at the plastic bin of the side storage compartment. Remember the drain plugs lift up and the water will start draining under the RV.
Maurice1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter