Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2021, 10:29 AM   #1

360 DL hot water bypass?

I recently bought a 2016 Cross Country 360 DL and can't locate the means by which to bypass the water heater. The manual is of no help. Anyone with specifics, please chime in! Thanks.

Rick
QikNip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Check out this video from FR. Interestingly enough, they are using a Cross Country in this example. You rig should be similair I would imagine.

Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the video, but I'd already looked at it and while it has a nice close up of the bypass valve, it doesn't show where that compartment is located. Is it by chance behind the bedroom drawer on the passenger side? That location would be proximate to the water heater.
Rick
P.S. This is RV #3 for me and I've never had an mystery experience like this.
Old 10-12-2021, 01:58 PM   #4
Site Team

In the video it shows the valves in that outdoor compartment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	264309

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	264310

I think the ones they showed on the inside were from a different RV.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by QikNip1 View Post
I recently bought a 2016 Cross Country 360 DL and can't locate the means by which to bypass the water heater. The manual is of no help. Anyone with specifics, please chime in! Thanks.

I do not own this model. Locate your hot water heater, then look inside your camper exactly behind. There should be an access panel you will need to remove, and should find your bypass valve.
Hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:42 PM   #6
Site Team

[QUOTE=Hamerjk;2649236]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QikNip1 View Post

I do not own this model. Locate your hot water heater, then look inside your camper exactly behind. There should be an access panel you will need to remove, and should find your bypass valve.
Just making sure you have a tank type water heater and not an on demand tankless one.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #7

Well, I finally found it! It was located (logically) behind the lower left side bedroom drawer. That location is actually behind the heater. BTW it wouldn't have hurt for the manufacturer to have put that in the owners manual. On that point I have to say my twenty year old Winnebago Adventurer beat my current ride hands down.

Tags
bypass, hot water, water