Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2019, 08:13 AM   #1

37RB Satellite Connection

Just bought a 2020 37RB. It has a cable labeled Satellite in the small cabinet over the door. I don’t find the other end of this wire. Does anyone know where it goes. I have a Winegard Portable dish and a Wally Receiver so I need to find the other end of this wire for the connection.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #2

I would speculate that if you can't find the satellite input inside one of your outside compartments near where your cable input comes in, that your satellite input is in your roof waiting for you to install an antenna.

There may be a mark or something that says 'satellite access here' on the roof.

Happy hunting.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC38EL View Post
I would speculate that if you can't find the satellite input inside one of your outside compartments near where your cable input comes in, that your satellite input is in your roof waiting for you to install an antenna.

There may be a mark or something that says 'satellite access here' on the roof.

Happy hunting.
I suspect that to be the case. I am not one get on the roof, so I am hoping someone can give me a definite answer. If it is up there I will be looking for a way to put in a connector from somewhere in the bays or find where the antenna amp and shore cable TV and antenna connections come together so I can try to figure something out with that. .
Old 10-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
I suspect that to be the case. I am not one get on the roof, so I am hoping someone can give me a definite answer. If it is up there I will be looking for a way to put in a connector from somewhere in the bays or find where the antenna amp and shore cable TV and antenna connections come together so I can try to figure something out with that. .

If your unit came satilight prep, you have the other end that you can see on the roof, if you installed a roof unit you would hook it to that coax on the roof and your Wally to the coax in the cabinet. Do you have a HDMI cable or a another coax in that cabinet? That would go to your TV input then to your Wally output.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
If your unit came satilight prep, you have the other end that you can see on the roof, if you installed a roof unit you would hook it to that coax on the roof and your Wally to the coax in the cabinet. Do you have a HDMI cable or a another coax in that cabinet? That would go to your TV input then to your Wally output.

I had to install a coax connector and new coax wire to my cabinet to use my carry out playmaker. My original wire is ran in the roof no way to tie into it, started from scratch. My prep was useless for me, I don’t want a roof top fixed dish.

Old 10-27-2019, 07:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I have a coax and 2 HDMI cables in the cabinet above the door, the roof access to the wire is of no good use for me, I have a Pathfinder dish already and don’t plan to put it up there. Guess I will have to run something to make it work. Time to get on the thinking cap and create some arrangement that will work for me.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:49 PM   #7

This is what I did on my 2016 Mirada 35KB.

LINK: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1356306

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #8

Got my dish working.

After a lot of looking and thinking and putting years as a telephone man to use, I was able to put in a coax for the Dish receiver.

I pulled the Fireplace below the TV out of the wall, behind it there were a bunch of wires that went through to a space under the Fridge. I pulled the heat register under the fridge out, disconnected the duct and pushed the duct back into the hole so I could see inside, the wires go down near the outer wall. I looked in the storage bays and found the wires. It was a matter of poking a hole through the foam insulation sealing the hole next to the wires, feeding coax through the hole into the space under the fridge, then pulling it in behind the fireplace and feeding it up the wall so it comes out behind the TV. Mounted Wally on the wall behind the TV. Then fed the coax across the pass through storage to the wet bay where I fed it out next to the water hose and connected it to the dish. Works great!!!
Old 11-02-2019, 01:08 PM   #9

So there was no way you could have used the park cable coax through an A/B coax switch with A for the sat receiver input and B back to where the park cable was originally connected? Oh well, your done and glad it worked out.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
So there was no way you could have used the park cable coax through an A/B coax switch with A for the sat receiver input and B back to where the park cable was originally connected? Oh well, your done and glad it worked out.
I looked for over an hour and could not find the signal amplifier/splitter to use for the A/B switch setup.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:47 PM   #11

This may be a moot point for your unit but the park cable coax typically is connected to the OTA antenna booster switch plate. I just thought you could disconnect from the plate and connect to the input of the A/B switch and one A/B output to your Wally and the other A/B output back to the switch plate. That way you would still have the capability for cable if you wanted it. Maybe your unit will not accommodate something like that though. Hey, you've got it working and maybe this is better and that's all that matters.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
This may be a moot point for your unit but the park cable coax typically is connected to the OTA antenna booster switch plate. I just thought you could disconnect from the plate and connect to the input of the A/B switch and one A/B output to your Wally and the other A/B output back to the switch plate. That way you would still have the capability for cable if you wanted it. Maybe your unit will not accommodate something like that though. Hey, you've got it working and maybe this is better and that's all that matters.
Your idea would work perfectly if this unit had a switch plate type booster/splitter. The power switch for the antenna amplifier is on the control/monitor panel, I could not find the booster/splitter.

Having a direct connection without any other connections or switches theoretically should give me a more reliable satellite signal so I am happy with the outcome.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
Your idea would work perfectly if this unit had a switch plate type booster/splitter. The power switch for the antenna amplifier is on the control/monitor panel, I could not find the booster/splitter.

Having a direct connection without any other connections or switches theoretically should give me a more reliable satellite signal so I am happy with the outcome.

You are correct a homerun is always better then going through splitters, your reception will be great with dish, it will be worth your extra time to install it as a homerun

Old 01-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #14

I had same problem, coachman advised to add ab switch connecting park cable to switch , a to cable booster b to sat box and use wifi Bluetooth to tvs. My plan is to stick sat box in basement add wifi Bluetooth transmitter and wifi receivers to tvs in coach.
Big D Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite