Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2021, 11:50 AM   #1

ATTENTION All SPORTCOACH OWNERS THREAD

There are many SPORTCOACH OWNERS out there. Let's create our own thread under: Forest River Forums>Motorhomes>Motorhome Discussion>Coachmen Motorhomes>Sportscoach. Now we can have discussions about the diesel pushers and their unique makeup: Floorplans, diesel engines, Electrical, Plumbing, Heating, Repairs, How-To's, and Service Bulletins. I invite you to attached your questions, answers and suggestions here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crosscountrysrs-banner.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	258163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Coachmen-RV-Logo-1-4988.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	258164  
astrungis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:38 PM   #2
Site Team

Unfortunately adding a new sub forum is not that easy. But you can use this thread as a place for Sportcoach information and discussions.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:56 PM   #3

2021 339DS-I'm In

I'm in for this. I have a 339DS I picked up in May. I haven't seen many posts for these yet. I have some questions and possibly some answers.
Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:51 PM   #4
Site Team

Have you considered creating a social group here on the forums? Take a peek at some and see that option would fit.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #5

yes, we should have our own thread. with that said what water pressure is everyone running in their sportscoach? Factory people said 35 psi; however, that seems very low for the Camco preset regulators are at 40-50 psi.
Big D Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:25 AM   #6

35 psi

Are they recommending 35 psi to be "safe"? I would think there would be an industry standard considering the pex and all.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #7

We have a 339DS. Our current space is giving us water at almost 50 psi. No problems (so far). Our biggest issue (water related) is the galley sink drain, which had a kink in the hose so it would not drain. The dealer repair lasted less than a Day. I fixed it meself and Coachmen paid for the parts.

Also the shower floor was not supported (like it should be) and that caused the floor to move a little which caused the drain to leak. Working on getting some wood supports underneath so the floor will not flex when someone is using the shower.

Our selling dealer was worthless, but we are now in Arizona and have been to Freedom RV in Tucson a couple of times for warranty work and they have been outstanding.
wwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:04 PM   #8

shower drain leak

I have had the same thing happen in another brand I owned. For some reason manufacturers think shower pan plastic support molded into the bottom is suffice to support a grown man. There was flex and caused a leak. I made the warranty worker spray a non-expanding foam in the cavity underneath and re-seal the drain. It worked.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:36 PM   #9

The factory fresh water manual states no more than 45psi so I keep mine at 40. I've had it at 45 and had no problems though.
Unfortunately when I took delivery of mine I was on a hurry and sped them along. My wife and I left for a trip two days after only to find out the front rooftop ac isn't working as well as the dash ac. No one here had an appointment until July so we're going in next week so they can "look" at it as well as some other small cosmetic issues.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #10

PDI

I am picking mine up at General RV in Michigan on Tuesday. My intention was to bring along an inspector for the PDI but the sales guy said, "We don't allow inspectors on the property, it slows down our orientation. Besides, it is a brand new vehicle and we do a 120-point inspection on it." So is he equating an "orientation" with a PDI? Hope not. I'm not forking over one dollar until I do a PDI. If he wants to do the orientation after - fine. Also, I am not leaving the lot if there is something wrong like the AC.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:37 PM   #11

Not sure if they are or not. I'm just saying don't rush through your orientation or whatever they call it. All of mine will be covered under the original warranty bur it's still a pain to have to take it back. Overall we really like the coach. We towed our Jeep for a 800 mile round trip without any issues. Plenty of power and rides nicely.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:37 PM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcGoldstone
339DS

I'm in for sharing my experiences. So many... The most concerning is that the Coleman Mach 10 Heat Pumps are completely useless in the desert southwest becauser their compressors shutoff when the ambient air temperature exceeds 110 degrees F. I suspect that the root cause is that the AC was not redesigned from the ground up when switching to Freon 410. The units need a bigger condenser coil and or other design changes. I would like to know how many other Forest River/Coachmen owners are experencing the same thing...?

Will Forest River under warranty replace both Heat Pumps (Pruchased coach in Nov. 2020) with units designed for the desert environment where 110 degrees is commonplace and 120 degrees isn't uncommon.

Spoke with Coleman AirXcel technician who stated that the design was for the desert environment and thus 100 degrees. Obviously he has never been to the desert in the warmer months!
MarcGoldstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #13

Touch-UP Paint "White Velvet"?

Yeah, just picked up my new Sportscoach 354QS and there are only a 100 nicks, nail holes etc that I have to fill in. Does anyone know where I can get a touch-up pen? Oh wait, don't tell me - it comes with your package, right?
Old 07-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcGoldstone View Post
I'm in for sharing my experiences. So many... The most concerning is that the Coleman Mach 10 Heat Pumps are completely useless in the desert southwest becauser their compressors shutoff when the ambient air temperature exceeds 110 degrees F. I suspect that the root cause is that the AC was not redesigned from the ground up when switching to Freon 410. The units need a bigger condenser coil and or other design changes. I would like to know how many other Forest River/Coachmen owners are experencing the same thing...?

Will Forest River under warranty replace both Heat Pumps (Pruchased coach in Nov. 2020) with units designed for the desert environment where 110 degrees is commonplace and 120 degrees isn't uncommon.

Spoke with Coleman AirXcel technician who stated that the design was for the desert environment and thus 100 degrees. Obviously he has never been to the desert in the warmer months!
A revision to the last post. I MAY HAVE found the fix! Awaiting next 115+ day in which to test it. So far working at 112 degrees when prior to modification the highest operating temperature was 108 for the rear AC and 110 degres for the front one.

The fix which is beneficial to not only keeping the compressors working, but also to reduce the operating current. Remove at least 1/2 of the plastic shroud strips on the left side of unit and the rear just behind the condenser coil. To keep critters out fasten some 1/2" x 1/2" vinyl coated welded steel wire fence material inside the shroud. Best way is to drill tiny holes and loop wire around the fence material, then twist wire ends and cut away excess wire.

This dramatically improves air flow through the condenser coil and then directs more exhaust air over the compressor itself.

I determined that the Miocro Air soft start unit had no effect on the compressor shutdown problem, nor did installing the AirControl plenum. Both of these items are great at what they do but the compressor shutdown problem likely occured because the marketing people and aesthetics won out over common sense and supporting as wide an operating temperature range as possible. Afterall RV's are mobile and sometimes find their way to the desert southwest where the summertime temperatures are extreme to say the least.
Old 07-18-2021, 04:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrungis View Post
Yeah, just picked up my new Sportscoach 354QS and there are only a 100 nicks, nail holes etc that I have to fill in. Does anyone know where I can get a touch-up pen? Oh wait, don't tell me - it comes with your package, right?
Congrats on your RV purchase.

What do you expect for $180K or therteabouts? Perfection? Well not when it comes to RV's. Best to learn how to do minor repairs and as many major ones as you are capable of. Someone mentioned the $200 rule... If the repair takes you less than two hours and $200 do it yourself.

I have found Tim Buss at the factory to be most helpful at sending free replacement parts under warranty, but contact Tim first. (574) 825-8212 TBuss@forestriverinc.com
Old 07-19-2021, 09:59 AM   #16

Tim Buss

Unfortunately Tim is on vacation. We have probably spoken to him a couple of times already. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:54 AM   #17

Great thought on the Sportscoach only sub-platform.

When I bought my Georgetown, or actually before that's where my name comes from, I could always find a host of information on anything Georgetown. Since I bought the Sportscoach in my signature three years ago I find it almost impossible to find out anything about our rigs.

Just yesterday I posed the question does anyone know the battery number for the start batteries associated with my rig. As of this writing, zero response.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 12:03 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Great thought on the Sportscoach only sub-platform.

When I bought my Georgetown, or actually before that's where my name comes from, I could always find a host of information on anything Georgetown. Since I bought the Sportscoach in my signature three years ago I find it almost impossible to find out anything about our rigs.

Just yesterday I posed the question does anyone know the battery number for the start batteries associated with my rig. As of this writing, zero response.
Your thread has been viewed 35 times. Apparently, no one knew the answer to your question.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:22 PM   #19

Hi Sherma12,
Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question as I'm pretty new the Sportscoach as well. It looks like your post ended up separately from this thread. Maybe why no one replied.
One idea though. If you have your Freightliner manual it may list your batteries there as they are part of the chassis. I have 339ds which may be different.
Hopefully someone else can help out.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:26 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ears View Post
Hi Sherma12,
Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question as I'm pretty new the Sportscoach as well. It looks like your post ended up separately from this thread. Maybe why no one replied.
One idea though. If you have your Freightliner manual it may list your batteries there as they are part of the chassis. I have 339ds which may be different.
Hopefully someone else can help out.
Sherman's post ended up separate from this thread because he initiated a new thread for it in the Coachmen sub-forum.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sport