Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2020, 07:38 PM   #21

Not batteries after all

Went to dealer today for some issues. Because this unit doesn’t have a battery monitor ( my bad, I thought all Rv’s did I will be adding) they were fine, but the generator wouldn’t start because the solenoid is defective. Now waiting for that part and more weeks with no AC...
They fixed other small issues and sent me to a local garage for alignment, balancing and to check a screw in tire. Surprisingly only thing off was I think canter... camber and toe were good but other was wayyy off. Also three out of four rear tires were unbalanced. I definately feel the difference.

Most disappointing news was the engine light code showed two codes 02 sensor and sensor leak. Only can be fixed by Ford and As I have read on here not all Ford dealers work on RV’s so Tampa is closest. About 2 1/2hours if traffic is light...

All in all all issues have been minor and fixed with just a little effort and patience. Love the coach more every day and the only real problem is trying to remember I am driving 32 ‘ when it feels like a normal truck!
2023 Thor Quantum 31LF TRADED!
2023 Forest River MBS 2400T TRADED
2024 Forest River Berkshire XLT 45E
Mmgulfcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:48 PM   #22

Love the full body paint color

So wished I could find this color choice as its awesome color package...about to pull the strings on a 319MB if I can find one configured properly and fairly close.
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:39 PM   #23

rbev2308, I think the paint is an option available at request.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:45 AM   #24

Yes, it is an option. I would not have ordered the paint because of the cost but happy to have found this on dealer lot. It makes the coach look very “rich” and I get a lot of compliments on it.
Mmgulfcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:16 PM   #25

I wished they had it on stock when I bought it, but not available in the ones in the dealer. would have to wait 5 months.
Old 08-23-2020, 03:17 AM   #26

Monica,

If you are still interested in the residential fridge, and you haven't seen this, there is possibly a compressor conversion for the one you have. I think I saw the conversion described on a YouTube channel:
Alternatively, you might be able to replace your fridge with about a 15 cu ft unit like other Leprechauns such as the 311FS have. The 311FS fridge is only 28" wide which is about as narrow as one can easily get, yet has 2 large freezer drawers along with generous upper double door refrigeration. It works very well, rarely runs and draws little power overnight since it seems to be well insulated.

Overnight, I've also plugged in my CPAP to the 1000w inverter and the batteries handled all just fine. In the morning we usually move on and the engine alternator recharges the house batteries back up.

One YouTube site on just swapping fridges was:
You might still have to take it in through a large window if the entry door is too narrow. Most units I was able to find online are either Haier or Hisense at Lowes or Best Buy.

One other major advantage to the compressor fridges is that they do not require the degree of leveling that the absorption fridges do to prevent accumulated damage.

Wes
Wes Tausend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #27

Monica, the problem might be to find in stock a residential refrigerator that would fit in the width opening available. I cannot find anyone with it in stock. Good luck!