Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2020, 08:01 PM   #1

cable connection does'nt seem to be working

When I connect to outside park cable connection I can't seem to program tv's to get cable after a search it says no channels found
2018 Coachmen Pursuit 32wc
Any thoughts
Chiefbat9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:45 PM   #2

Did you turn booster off? Set TV to cable and scan. It's not a Furrian TV is it?
Old 03-17-2020, 08:56 PM   #3

x2^^^^

Also, we found a couple of rv parks where the cable wasn't showing up when we searched for 'digital', but did show up when we picked 'analog'. We also ran into a campground where they had a cable connection, but the park didn't actually have cable.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:18 AM   #4

Park cable issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefbat9 View Post
When I connect to outside park cable connection I can't seem to program tv's to get cable after a search it says no channels found
Any thoughts
I noticed a cable on top shelf in BR behind the tv , so I hooked an extension cable to it and connected to br tv and it worked I was able to program and get cable channels but not on living room tv or outside tv they work only getting a signal from antenna
Wiring seems to be off wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem
Thanks
Old 03-18-2020, 10:32 AM   #5

Unless there is some other video delivery system to the other 2 TV's the same cable that the antenna uses for distribution to TV's is also used for cable. Does your BR TV also get antenna?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:10 AM   #6
Site Team

Any way you can connect a cable extension from the cable that works to others tvs just to see if the tv settings are correct. If they work then it's definitely a wiring issue and not a settings issue.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:27 AM   #7

Should have a splitter somewhere.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:15 PM   #8

Faulty cable TV

Hi,

I have the same problem with my 2007 Forest River Wildcat. I can run a temporary cable from the bedroom tv connection to the living room tv and then the signals are better. I even purchased a new wine guard amplifier with switch that is mounted in the bedroom and that didn't cure the problem either. The logic is the that the wineguard unit has a connection for the bedroom and then a "2nd tv" connection which in my case is the livingroom tv. My next step is to go ahead and run a new cable with connectors from the wineguard connection in the bedroom to the living room tv. I will have to snake the cable using the existing cable as a leader.

Dave
cdavejump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:22 PM   #9

Cable box

In some RV parks (including the one where our Cherokee 38P lives), the digital cable is encrypted. Transients can get for a loaner "cable box" at the office (and also loaner cables), but the office always forgets to tell visitors that. Don't be afraid to ask.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:00 PM   #10

We had the same problem with our living room TV. Had it looked at to find out the TV had aftermarket dish attached and the cable was rerouted from the inside cable hook up to go behind the TV to a storage cabinet where the dish is. Unfortunately, it will take a lot of changes to get it back to the original hookup (which cable from outside the trailer uses). The bedroom TV works with cable and since we rarely watch TV, we don’t even know if we want to bother with it. Enough money spent this year already! Good luck!
Clarkc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:00 PM   #11

Park cable issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Unless there is some other video delivery system to the other 2 TV's the same cable that the antenna uses for distribution to TV's is also used for cable. Does your BR TV also get antenna?
Bedroom will get antenna if I switch back to cable coming from behind tv mount
Seems Black wire is from antenna and the white cable in closet is coming from park cable
Could previous owner have hooked up a satellite system and messed with cables I was told that there is a panel box with wire spliters feeding all the tv's
Thanks
Old 03-18-2020, 03:02 PM   #12

Park cable issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
In some RV parks (including the one where our Cherokee 38P lives), the digital cable is encrypted. Transients can get for a loaner "cable box" at the office (and also loaner cables), but the office always forgets to tell visitors that. Don't be afraid to ask.
I have heard about that not sure what the issue is
Thanks
Old 03-18-2020, 03:03 PM   #13

Park cable issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkc32 View Post
We had the same problem with our living room TV. Had it looked at to find out the TV had aftermarket dish attached and the cable was rerouted from the inside cable hook up to go behind the TV to a storage cabinet where the dish is. Unfortunately, it will take a lot of changes to get it back to the original hookup (which cable from outside the trailer uses). The bedroom TV works with cable and since we rarely watch TV, we don’t even know if we want to bother with it. Enough money spent this year already! Good luck!
Thanks for that and I'm concerned this may be something like that
Old 03-18-2020, 08:20 PM   #14

I agree

I agree with Houston Stroker. If you turn your booster off and leave your normal coax cable plugged into your TV, you should get cable channels.With the booster on, you won't
TGO Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Bedroom will get antenna if I switch back to cable coming from behind tv mount
Seems Black wire is from antenna and the white cable in closet is coming from park cable
Could previous owner have hooked up a satellite system and messed with cables I was told that there is a panel box with wire spliters feeding all the tv's
Thanks
Quite possibly with the white cable connected to the sat receiver and the HDMI receiver output to the TV for satellite viewing.

Also, a carryout sat antenna typically needs a straight shot from antenna to receiver (no splitters in between). Splitters would not matter with cable and/or over the air antenna.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:04 AM   #16

Talking cable issues

Quote:
Any thoughts
I had similar problem.
First, go to your antenna power outlet, (one with the little button, illuminates when on), and remove it from the wall. It should be in the vicinity of your main TV. Remove the input cable from the amp. Now take your normal hookup park cable feed it through your slide out to reach, and connect it directly from park hook up to amp box. Make sure your amp box is turned off and program your TV. If you get park cable, the input cable connection is bad, or the splitter that the input cable runs through,(if applicable) is bad. Replace defective part.
Also, try to configure cables to other TVs to use the least amount of signal splitters as possible. One 3-way or 4-way is ideal
2corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:28 AM   #17

Cable Issues

Another possibility . . .

Your TV needs to have a QAM tuner.

From Drexel University IT:
"Most major brand flat screen TVs manufactured after 2006 support both ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) and QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) digital tuners. ATSC is used to receive digital channels over the air. QAM is used to receive digital channels from a cable TV provider without use of a cable box."
The remanufactured unit I got with my fifth wheel (in 2018) does not have a QAM tuner. One of the staff at the RV park where I first noticed this brought out a small flatscreen with a QAM tuner and it worked fine.
Tuckers Truckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:44 PM   #18

Thanks for all the input just wondering if anyone with a coachmen pursuit knows where I can access the splitters that were originally installedA coachmen rep told me that there is an access panel above passenger window not sure what he is talking about.
Thanks

Tags
cable