Old 01-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #1

Can't Fill Freshwater Tank

I have a 2015 Miranda 35LS and when I try to fill the fresh water tank, water comes pouring out of the RV. It looks like it's coming from the top of the fresh water tank. Is there a valve that directs the water out of the fresh water tank when it's full that may be stuck? The gauge shows the tank as empty.

JohnMirada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:01 AM   #2

Is there a fresh water drain on the bottom of the tank? You might try opening that to see if any fresh water comes out.

If you get water out of that drain, then your tank is filled and the sensors are bad. The tank should have an overflow on the top of the tank where water will come out when the tank is full.

Otherwise, there might be a valve on the top, but maybe someone with your rig will know.

Old 01-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #3

My 2016 35KB has an overflow on the FW tank. I run water in until it comes out the overflow and I know it is full. Have you tired draining the FW tank to see how much water is in it. Your gauge could be bad. If not, it may be a good idea to drain it, sanitize it and put fresh water in. The drain valve should be in your wet bay on a white PEX line near your hot (red) and blue (cold) drain valves.

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #4

I opened the fresh water drain and less than a cup of water came out. I very seldom use it and when I have it was to only put in a few gallons in case we needed a potty break on the way to the campground.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:46 PM   #5

Smile Fresh water tank

Our previous trailer had a valve you had to turn to let air out while filling the fresh tank. It was a pain. Check to see if there is an air valve. We also cut a white hose about 1 1/2 ft long from the female end. Slide it into the fresh tank opening. Screw your fresh water hose on to it. That way the water is going down into the tank, not getting air locked in the pipe. That short hose can stay in the pipe. It wonít fall sown in the tank due to the female connection still attached. Works perfectly.
GmaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:33 PM   #6

Remember to fill slowly. I use a narrow tube (for a water fountain) and snake it down to the bottom of the tank and then I fill slowly. It takes about 1/2 hour but the tank fills without burping out.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:16 AM   #7

Update: Gave up and took the coach to the dealer. They said one of the "spin weld" fittings had failed and was leaking. They ordered a new fresh water tank - waiting and waiting for parts to be shipped by Coachmen.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMirada View Post
Update: Gave up and took the coach to the dealer. They said one of the "spin weld" fittings had failed and was leaking. They ordered a new fresh water tank - waiting and waiting for parts to be shipped by Coachmen.
John, It's best to call Coachmen directly to check on your parts. Dealers are famous for blaming delays on the manufacturer to cover their own delays. Perhaps someone on the forum can give you the name of a contact to make sure the dealer ordered the parts.

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:47 AM   #9

Thank you. I'll see if I can find the number. What I have going for me is that the RV is at the dealer and they don't have a lot of room to be storing and would like to free up the space for other RV work.

Tags
tank, water, water tank