Old 02-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #1

Coachmen Concord Info Please

Am in process of determining what Class-C is right for my wife and I … saw a Concord in a rest area on I65 recently and was intrigued by the "different" styling so thought I'd try to get some "real world" experience and info from some owners … thanks in advance for your feedback. Now to the questions :
1. What are your primary likes and dislikes of the Concord design/layout ?
2. What issues / problems have you encountered ?
3. What kind of factory / warranty support did you experience ?
4. What is the CCC rating for your rig ?
5. Do you tow anything ? If so, how do you tow - flat, dolly, or trailer ?
I know it's a lot of questions but your experiences are valuable to someone just getting into the RV motorhome field … thanks again.

camperpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperpapa View Post
Am in process of determining what Class-C is right for my wife and I … saw a Concord in a rest area on I65 recently and was intrigued by the "different" styling so thought I'd try to get some "real world" experience and info from some owners … thanks in advance for your feedback. Now to the questions :
1. What are your primary likes and dislikes of the Concord design/layout ?
2. What issues / problems have you encountered ?
3. What kind of factory / warranty support did you experience ?
4. What is the CCC rating for your rig ?
5. Do you tow anything ? If so, how do you tow - flat, dolly, or trailer ?
I know it's a lot of questions but your experiences are valuable to someone just getting into the RV motorhome field … thanks again.
  1. I have a 2016 300DS. Love the overall size of it, my wife will drive it. We love the queen bed, the huge counter top and the fact the front seats swivel to the rear. The bathroom is on the small side, both the shower and the toilet. Most of the outside storage is behind the axle so you have to be careful with your heavier items. The interior upper cabinets are a bit on the small side due to the curved walls. On the DS model the kitchen sink and the shower share a single gray tank ~27 gallons, fills up quick, while the one on the other side is for the bathroom hand sink only. Eventually I will come up with some sort of transfer system between the two tanks. This is not an issue with the TS version.
  2. Minimal issues; stove vent fan was wired backwards, fireplace/water heater interlock was not connected correctly. Minor fit and finish issues.
  3. I have contacted the factory 3-4 times for minor items, they have responded promptly and in one case sent me the parts free.
  4. CCC is 2051. I have weighed on the scales a couple of times. Fully loaded for 10 days with some fresh water on board I was 500# under my GVW of 14,500# and 200# over on the rear axle weight. Moved some cast iron cookware under the sofa.
  5. Don't tow at the moment, use a bicycle rack or cargo basket. However will be setting up for flat towing my bride's 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid, unless she lets my buy the 1974 Super Beetle convertible I have been eyeing. Several other members have been flat towing Jeeps with no issues. FWIW I do have the Ford E450 rather than the Chevy. The Ford has a bit more towing capacity and I think a bit more CCC.

There are several threads on there from other Concord Owners with a wide variety of mods we have made.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:12 PM   #3

Concord and one of the Winnebagos are the only GTS style gas C's left, I believe. This is my preferred style. I hate the big hang over the cab. If I don't move to a class A, I would be looking very closely at this over the next few years. Currently, I have Forester 2801 QS which I understand has been discontinued. What I like about the Concord over the 2801 is that you don't have to extend a slide to go to bed.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:53 AM   #4
World Wide Wanderer

Forgot to add in my original post; a couple of deal breakers for us were that the bathroom and fridge had to be accessible with the slides in. The Concord DS fills the bill for that too.

We have done a couple of quick overnights where we didn't bother to put the slides out. The bed cannot be walked around with the slide in, but you can sleep in it with the slide in.

We have done weekend trips with 4 adults sleeping in the Concord. We use the dinette for the second bed. It is actually longer than the queen bed, just not as wide.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #5

Thanks Aaron … the info on "slides in" access is very valuable … that's one condition that we really wanted in a MH.
camperpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:01 PM   #6

2014 300DS, the only thing I would change is the size of the shower, I’m a big guy so it’s tight but is still doable. We love our MH!
Buddymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #7

We owned one for about 6 months,was too small for us.Hardly any counter space, microwave at knee level..Outside storage was not much and too close to the ground.And with slides out you could see under the slide right into the living room and feel the cool air pouring out. We went from a 32 ft class a to this and couldn't make the transition..But it is all about preferences..Good Luck.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #8

We have an older Lexington 283GTS and while it's not a direct comparison it is a close relative. We have had it for 5 years and love it. For us it is the perfect size for the 2 of us and our large dog. We have more than adequate space and storage and have even squeezed in our DS, DIL and their dog on a couple of occasions. Having interior access with slides in was important to us (learned that the hard was with our fifth wheel) and the only thing we lose is the ability to walk around the bed. We rarely take a toad - just our bicycles.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #9

We have a 2018 Concord TS, and the ONLY thing my wife and I don't like is the lack of external storage. You can access everything with the slides in or out, 3 slides altogether. We have put almost 20k miles on it in a little over a year. I tow a 2017 mini cooper clubman on a full dolly and don't even know it's hooked up after awhile. It drives like a regular truck/van. It's just the 2 of us with 2 little dogs, and with the slides open there is A LOT of room in the TS version vs the DS. There are opposing slides on the TS that open. I'm 6'2", 225 lbs and the shower is fine by me, so is the toilet. This is the first RV we've ever owned. Hope this helps.
chief5631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #10

We purchased our 2016 300DS used about 18 months ago and have been living in it for the last year. I like the unit very much especially after I installed the dual recliners. Now we have had some issues with it but you have to remember that most all of the units on the market will have some issues. I have repaired leaks in the plumbing under the kitchen cabinets, at the hot water heater and also behind the water inlet under the bathroom counter. I think that the installer used a Pex crimp tool that was out of adjustment and was not crimping tight enough. I also found that the unit is not insulated very well so I insulated behind the entertainment center, Under the bedroom closets, Under the bed and under the bathroom sink and behind the toilet. As for the storage I really have not had the need for more than is available in these units. Again you have to remember that it's not a house or an 18 wheel truck so you can't take the whole house with you. I have run mine across the scales a couple of times and I am still about 500 pounds under the max and just a touch heavy on the rear axle. I tow a 22' wakeboard boat that weighs 7,500 pounds with it and it does a good job feels stable.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:06 PM   #11

I am looking to tow my F150 pickup (6000#) behind my 2019 Concord 300DS. Anyone towing something this heavy with the V10 Concord. It is rated for 7500# but wonder what it will do to my current 9/10 miles per gallon. Obviously will be worse, just wondering how bad. The v10 does the job but certainly not over powered.

Jcpaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen