Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2020, 01:05 PM   #1

Coachmen DC Voltage Help

My coach is a 2001 Sportcoach DS 400.
No DC voltage. New batteries, properly wired, clean terminals. No blown fuses. No voltage to the fuse panel. No voltage to the disconnect switch at the entrance door. Before I start crawling around on the ground and through the coach, before I start taking the interior apart, Help!

Does any one know where the coach/chassis connect/disconnect solenoid(s) are. Barring that, any advice as to whom else i might ask.

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Mahatnmacoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:41 PM   #2

Ground side

Have you checked the ground side? Got to have a complete circuit. You`ll have to get a multimeter and check every wire and connection, and see where the voltage goes away. Also, make sure you check it with a load on it, the lights are probably enough for testing.
Swill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:32 AM   #3

You could rule out bad ground by connecting a lead to the house battery neg terminal that will reach the batt disconnect. 16 ga (or 18 or 14 is good too for test purposes).
Attach the neg volt meter lead or test light clamp to the temporary ground and positive probe to the house disconnect terminals. One of them should be hot. Both should be hot with switch "on."
If no voltage indicated, it ain't a ground problem. If no light, pos house lead is the culprit..or related components. If one terminal has power, but other does not, bad battery disconnect switch. Carefully jump the two disconnect terminals and verify.
The battery to disconnect lead should be a 'home run' from the area near the battery. There is likely a resetable circuit breaker near the house batteries. Some sort of overload protection is near the house batteries. Might be inside a plastic box. Follow the house power lead from the battery pos term to find the breaker.
Ground buss' are everywhere and could be more problem to locate an open.
I'd put bucks on a pos lead issue.
HTH!
JRBME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:49 PM   #4

Is the problem resolved?
Love good outcomes!
JRBME is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen