Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjburkhalter View Post
Hello Everyone, I joined not long ago and just found this forum. We have a Coachmen Encounter 2011 37FW. Love everything about it so far other than it is in storage now as its pretty cold here in Indiana. We are having an issue with the generator now, it will not stay running, 4 flashes, which the code says OVERSPEED, dealer says to bring it back when we get it out of storage and they will take care of it. Anyone else having any issues with theres?
Thanks
Brent

If I may, this is an area I have some experience, (working with dealers).

If you want your coach available to the family when the weather breaks, I recommend you pull it out of storage now or early March and get it to the dealer for the generator repair. Dealer service departments are busy now but once the weather starts to warm up they'll go from being just busy to being completely overwhelmed. Spring is not a good time to have your coach in for work.

I wouldn't want my coach sitting in the shop through April (or longer) and I know personally, that can happen. Just a thought.

Roll
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #22
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Spring is not a good time to have your coach in for work.

True that. Even promises by the service manager can have issues. He may have had the best intentions when the promise was made, but sometimes reality gets in the way. Maybe ordering the part is the problem. For some uncommon parts delivery can take weeks or months. THEN you coach needs to be worked back into the job flow.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
How is the Mirada doing? We are looking at a 35DL.
I bought a 2013 Mirada 35DL a month ago. I like it very much so far, although it is in the shop getting some small issues corrected.
_nelsonc is offline   Reply With Quote