Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2024, 03:26 PM   #1

Coachmen Euro - Dead

We brought home our 2024 Euro coach to get ready for a trip. It started right up and drove home fine. It sat overnight in our driveway. We went out this morning and it was dead totally. I assumed the solar panel would kick in, but it didn't and I know nothing about that. Just that it has to be in direct sunlight and could of charged it over night. I have read that it will not charge it if it is totally dead. , which it was but it did not charge the coach up. Don't know what happened to the generator? Next, we plugged it into the house 15 amp. It came on for about 5 seconds and kicked back off and will not come on with our electrical outlet which we have always done with our RV without any problems.

Now we had to go out and start the coach up and we left it run for two hours and everything has charged back up, but I am afraid to go camping for fear that the hookup at the campsite out of state wont charge it. Sorry, new with all of this, does anyone know what we are doing wrong?? Am I suppose to do something with this solar? - the generator? Someone told me to just leave it alone. If you answer please try to talk in simple language, like I said I am new to all of this and doing my best to learn and obviously not doing well at it.
Old 06-15-2024, 08:03 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

I don't know about that coach, but did you have a walkthrough with the dealer that sold it to you? They should have gone over everything, especially how to operate the coach...the basics. Hopefully someone else will be along to help, but I think I would get with the dealer and get this figured out with him.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 08:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyD View Post
We brought home our 2024 Euro coach to get ready for a trip. It started right up and drove home fine. It sat overnight in our driveway. We went out this morning and it was dead totally. I assumed the solar panel would kick in, but it didn't and I know nothing about that. Just that it has to be in direct sunlight and could of charged it over night. I have read that it will not charge it if it is totally dead. , which it was but it did not charge the coach up. Don't know what happened to the generator? Next, we plugged it into the house 15 amp. It came on for about 5 seconds and kicked back off and will not come on with our electrical outlet which we have always done with our RV without any problems.

Now we had to go out and start the coach up and we left it run for two hours and everything has charged back up, but I am afraid to go camping for fear that the hookup at the campsite out of state wont charge it. Sorry, new with all of this, does anyone know what we are doing wrong?? Am I suppose to do something with this solar? - the generator? Someone told me to just leave it alone. If you answer please try to talk in simple language, like I said I am new to all of this and doing my best to learn and obviously not doing well at it.

Sorry to learn of the issues with your new Euro coach. The many systems in this unit are rather complex. My suggestion is to make an appointment with the Dealer and have them spend at least 3 or 4 hours minimum with you and the coach plus your assistant.

Together you should go over every system having them show you how it works, what to do, and what to look for when it doesn't work. They should show you where every valve is located and what it does. They should show you where every circuit breaker is located and what it controls. They should show you where the GFCI's are located and how to reset them. They should show you where every fuse is located and what it does. They should explain in detail how to maintain the systems, how to winterize the systems, how to fill the tanks and how to empty the tanks.

And while doing this, have someone else make a video with the sound of what is being done. Also, make notes of specific items and numbers.

There is a lot to learn about your new coach, and unfortunately, most of it may not be in the manual. I would hope you get someone who knows in detail about the above items and (sorry to say) not a B.S. salesperson.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 09:19 PM   #4

The first question is what wouldn't start? The engine or the coach systems?
If it's the engine, that probably isn't charged by the solar. Usually the 'house batteries' are charged by the solar.

The fact that you were able to get everything charged up probably means that you can take your trip. Since it's a new coach to you, it's possible that something was left on overnight that drained the house batteries. I can't tell from the specs, but if you've got a 12v or residential refrigerator, that would do it. It's possible that you need a 20amp not 15 amp house connection because of all the electronics in that coach.

When you're camping and plugged into shore power, that will power everything in the coach.
It couldn't hurt to call the dealer and see if they have any tips or solutions.

Those a beautiful coaches. Congratulations.

Tags
coachmen