Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 16
Coachmen freelander led light failures

I have a 2018 Coachman freelander 27QB this is our second season of RVing.

So far six of the command four inch led ceiling lights have failed this season. By failure they go blinking like a strobe light. One bulb of the rear Stop, turn and backup lights combo has gone out. This week the icc light on the rear upper in the center had started blinking when it does the backup camera blinks bright and dim.

I called Command customer service line one year warranty and they want a copy of contract with the in service date. Is anyone else having a problem with the lights?
__________________

John Maryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 7,226
I would really lean toward a grounding problem with the blinking appears from you description that something is loose.
__________________

__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab) 10/04 - 05/20
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
I would really lean toward a grounding problem with the blinking appears from you description that something is loose.
It is individual lights one today another several days later that go blinking . Tugging and tracing it looks like all the grounds for the 12 volt ceiling lights are tied together and a single power feeds all the switches that operate them. Grounds test ok as does 12 volt power. the exterior lights on the back that are our or blinking are tied to the chassis ground. Thanks for the reply.
John Maryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
JWallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maryland View Post
I have a 2018 Coachman freelander 27QB this is our second season of RVing.

So far six of the command four inch led ceiling lights have failed this season. By failure they go blinking like a strobe light. One bulb of the rear Stop, turn and backup lights combo has gone out. This week the icc light on the rear upper in the center had started blinking when it does the backup camera blinks bright and dim.

I called Command customer service line one year warranty and they want a copy of contract with the in service date. Is anyone else having a problem with the lights?


Yep the Freelander model is bottom of the barrel for quality. Iím seriously looking to another manufacturer because of lack of QC by Coachman! Highly disappointed
JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:04 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 545
Sometimes they start blinking as a sign that they are in their last leg.
__________________
2017 Leprechaun 311 FS
Jeep Patriot and Cherokee as toad.
Enjoying retirement.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #6
Commercial Member
 
ES_FR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 296
John Maryland,

We would be happy to assist you with your 2018 Freelander. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Ron Ross in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.coachmenrv.com/DirectServ...67285095064965.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Adrian Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maryland View Post
I have a 2018 Coachman freelander 27QB this is our second season of RVing.

So far six of the command four inch led ceiling lights have failed this season. By failure they go blinking like a strobe light. One bulb of the rear Stop, turn and backup lights combo has gone out. This week the icc light on the rear upper in the center had started blinking when it does the backup camera blinks bright and dim.

I called Command customer service line one year warranty and they want a copy of contract with the in service date. Is anyone else having a problem with the lights?
Yes, same issues with command ceiling lights and turn signal on 2018 Leprechaun.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Leprachaun 210RS with DW, a German Shepherd and the cat.
Adrian Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Adrian Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
I would really lean toward a grounding problem with the blinking appears from you description that something is loose.
Unlikely. In our case the flashing is exactly as described, rapid, steady regular flashing. It goes on even when the unit is parked. These are defective bulbs.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Leprachaun 210RS with DW, a German Shepherd and the cat.
Adrian Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 545
I replaced some of mine, no problem after that.
__________________
2017 Leprechaun 311 FS
Jeep Patriot and Cherokee as toad.
Enjoying retirement.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:25 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 10
I had the same problem with Command Electronics ceiling lights in my 2018 Leprechaun 240FS. I contacted Command Customer Service at (269)679-4011 and they had me take pictures of the light fixture and the LED bulb board to email back to them. After emailing the pics back to Command, they sent me replacement LED bulb boards for all 16 of my lights. I was very impressed with their quick resolution to my problem.
Jim-LP240FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec Canada
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWallet View Post
Yep the Freelander model is bottom of the barrel for quality. I’m seriously looking to another manufacturer because of lack of QC by Coachman! Highly disappointed


So your reply to the OP is to insult him by telling him he chose a "bottom of the barrel" rv. Brilliant.
__________________
2014 Ram SLT 3500 CCLB DRW Cummins
2018 Heartland Big Country 3950FB
Dan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Adrian Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-LP240FS View Post
I had the same problem with Command Electronics ceiling lights in my 2018 Leprechaun 240FS. I contacted Command Customer Service at (269)679-4011 and they had me take pictures of the light fixture and the LED bulb board to email back to them. After emailing the pics back to Command, they sent me replacement LED bulb boards for all 16 of my lights. I was very impressed with their quick resolution to my problem.
Thanks for that input. I'll call them as soon as we get home from this trip next week.
__________________

__________________
2018 Coachmen Leprachaun 210RS with DW, a German Shepherd and the cat.
Adrian Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
led, light

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.


×