RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-02-2020, 10:41 PM   #1

Coachmen Leprechaun 298KB

Just purchased a Leprechaun 298KB and have a couple of questions. First, there is that front window as on other Leprechaun models. Has anyone come up with anything to block the light (and heat) from coming in? Second, there are two reading lights in the cab overhead bunk and for the life of me I can't see any way of turning them on. Any ideas?
JohnMirada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:35 PM   #2

298KB

Not that I can answer your questions. But I too am looking at buying a 298KB. I am comparing this unit to a Greyhawk 27U. I've been reading the Jayco owner's forum and there seems to be quite a few QC issues with brand new units. What is your experience with the coachmen rv?
chugging-along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chugging-along View Post
Not that I can answer your questions. But I too am looking at buying a 298KB. I am comparing this unit to a Greyhawk 27U. I've been reading the Jayco owner's forum and there seems to be quite a few QC issues with brand new units. What is your experience with the coachmen rv?

Have nothing to compare it to but my feeling is build quality is only so-so. Just took ours in for the initial punch list. Fourteen items most of which were factory responsible such as leaving off or stripping running board mounting bolts, missing roller for shower door, reading lights/USB not hooked up over bunk, etc. My advice would be to get the layout you feel most comfortable with and expect to have to return for repairs a few times. After first year things seem to calm down.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:36 PM   #4

One of mine turns on with a switch on the main control panel.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:14 PM   #5

For the upper front window I cut some reflex to size and covered it with black felt. Keeps the sun out and is not noticeable. The dealer told me the over cab bunk reading lights should work by touch and apparently my lights are defective or there is a blown fuse.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #6

Update on the cab over bunk lite - dealer found no wiring harness connected to the lights. They are going to start pulling off panels to find the harness. Another factory slip up.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:26 AM   #7

Waiting on my 2021 Leper 298 kb I ordered in September... does anybody know what size converter/inverter it comes with?? Will be getting solar, charge controller and most likely a 2000 or 3000 pure sine inverter with some lithium batts... I can't find anywhere in literature where it specs the converter... does it even come with an inverter? Guessing I will have to ditch the factory charger/converter and transfer switch when I upgrade... I am getting antsy waiting for delivery lol
HIGHREVER777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:21 PM   #8

Reflective Windshield Cover for Leprechaun (319MB)

Hello, we purchased via Amazon ELUTO RV Windshield Cover which has reflective outer material and using a temperature guage we found this was by far better than what our RV came with. It keeps the cabin slightly warmer than the cabin in 90 degree heat and it was not that expensive. Compared to the tan one that came with the RV is by far out performed. However, it doesn't fit as well as the one that came with the RV but it blocks all light.

https://smile.amazon.com/ELUTO-Windshield-1997-2019-Motorhome-Cutouts/dp/B07ZPST9ZK/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ELUTO+RV+Windowshield +Cover&qid=1606522683&s=automotive&sr=1-1
katanajo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 10:01 AM   #9

Look at the Adco clear RV windshield cover. It has flaps on the front and side that are held in place with Velcro and you can leave them down so you can get light inside (without people seeing in during the day) or you can put them up to completely block the sun.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #10

The reading lamps are now fixed. But they run off the switch for the lights above the dinette. Seems strange that you have to have the overhead dinette lights on to use reading lamps in the overhead bunk. Will probably see if I can replace the dinette lights with ones you can control independently.

Tags
coachmen