Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #1

Concord fresh water drain

I have a 2016 concord, I can't locate fresh water drain, where is the misery drain? Thanks Art
Rescue Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #2

What model Concord do you have?
Reason I ask is we have a FR Lexington 283ts. The Lexi is similar to the Concord. On our Lexi the fresh water drain is located in the rear right outside storage compartment. If yours is a 300ts it may be same as ours.
Open storage door and there may be a large (4-6 inch) circular screw off plastic cover. Un screw it off and the fresh water drain may be there, along with a cut off valve.
If its a different model, check under the coach and look for drain lines. You should have 3, cold water, hot water and fresh water tank drain lines. You may just have to follow the line from where it exits, back into the coach. It's usually located somewhere near the fresh water tank.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:13 PM   #3

Mine is located in the water closet outside, three 90 degree open/closed valves. I found they would only drain a tiny amount unless I opened a faucet inside to allow air in the hot/cold and fresh. Make sure you close the valves when you're done!
Old 03-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #4
World Wide Wanderer

Which model do you have? I have a 2016 300DS and my fresh water tank drain down valve is located behind the furnace intake grill beside the shower, that is where the low point drains are located too. It is a pull up style rather than a twist style.

I am considering either moving it or making it electric so I don't have to pull the grill every time I want to drain the freshwater tank.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #5

thanks for the response, mine is a 2016 300DS. Wahoonc that is where the dealer showed me but that is above the tank????????????? Grumpy when I get home I will look in the rear compartments, they are loaded right now. I will strip the compartments. Wahoonc I thought the low drain was for the coach plumbing not the tank I would think it would be in a easy access area to drain. ???? THE SEARCH BEGINS TUESDAY.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:18 PM   #6
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue Duct View Post
thanks for the response, mine is a 2016 300DS. Wahoonc that is where the dealer showed me but that is above the tank????????????? Grumpy when I get home I will look in the rear compartments, they are loaded right now. I will strip the compartments. Wahoonc I thought the low drain was for the coach plumbing not the tank I would think it would be in a easy access area to drain. ???? THE SEARCH BEGINS TUESDAY.
Water tank is above the floor in the Concord. It is behind the black panels in the bedroom under the wardrobe area. I pulled the panel and looked. Yes you would think they would make the valve more accessible. That is on my list of things to modify. I will have to get that posted up. I have already pulled that funky stinky slinky gizmo off, managed to drag it against a curb and driveway twice in less than 250 miles. I am going to rework the drain lines and get them up a bit higher too.

Overall I am very pleased with the my Concord, just need to tweak a few things to make them work for me.

Just for the record this is the valve I am thinking about using.

Aaron

Old 03-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #7

Wow never would have though that, We are on our shake down cruse with the camper. We are visiting friends in Atlanta. We pick up our camper last Saturday. Problems already that we had to deal with.

1. MAJOR water leak, pick up on last Saturday, sunny day Sat, Sun. Monday big rain water coming in the A post and behind the speaker on the driver side. Back in shop water test after water test found leak behind the rubber molding where the front cap and the wall. They took it off and found 3 screws sheered off, had to re drill and seal. Then down the driver side at the top is a rubber seal running the entire length of the coach. They took it off and found some screws also sheered off, re drill and seal. They called the factory about it and stated they have some issue in this area. We head for home tomorrow suppose to rain. Going to see if leak is repaired.

2. I know what covers you are talk about, the wife is not happy where they mounted the TP holder she wanted it mounted either on the cover plate or under the cabinets.

3. Driver side air bag leaking, been running 80psi (saw a factory rep recommend running at that level) need to refill daily.

4. talk about low rider, I have drag the butt in a few times. I DONT LIKE THE DRAIN, the tail pipe for the genny is way to low. It looks like 4 inches maybe. These issue need to be address by the factory. They added drag bars in the rear so they expected to drag I guess. But really.

5. I dont know if any factory guys read these post, if they do come on you can work on this. Paint on the dog house is white showing on the hinges, really you could not paint the hinges to match the great paint job.

6. The slides buttons are opposite to the wall units. the front button operates the bedroom, and the rear button operates the living room. Really my wife even stated that was not right and she has zero mechanical experience.

7. Mine came with a satellite mounted on the roof, you would think they would run the second cable to the bedroom. Nope I had to pay to have it done. When they mounted the TV the service tech had a heck of time to get behind the tv to work on it.

Really come on you guys got engineers sitting around designing these thing. I'm sure you pay them big bucks. They need to go back to college and go to common sense class. I paid big bucks for mine and if the dealer had not found the issue with the water leaking in I would called lemon and demanded a new unit.

If you don't address these issue I'm going to address these issue myself with the help of other Concord owners.

Sorry I traded in a Northern Lite TC for this unit, been our dreams for some time. They had it figure out, no drain line easy to get to, some one needs fired.

ART SCHLANGEN
GREENWOOD, IN.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #8
World Wide Wanderer

OUCH! At least they are fixing it promptly. Interesting about the sheared screws... I will have to keep an eye on mine. Sounds like they either have a batch of sub-standard screws or someone doesn't know how to set torque on their screw gun. I will be going into the overhead area to check on the lack of insulation, I was parked headed into the sun yesterday and noticed it was HOT inside the front overhead cabinets.

We already pulled the TP holder, we are going to use a counter top one that my bride found somewhere.

I already swapped the slide buttons around, it was driving me nuts. Tech said they all come in that way.

No satellite, don't watch much television anyway. However I am going to need to wire up an inverter to power a couple of them while traveling so my bride can watch her movies.

These things are built to a price point so everything is a compromise.

Hope you don't have anymore problems with yours! We are happy with ours, just need to make the changes so it works a bit better for us.

Aaron

Old 03-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #9

Aaron, we dont usually watch much tv either we like to watch the news and such in the evening before bed. Also when grand kids with us and rain day. We found our leak behind the driver side speaker you can pull the felt thing off. Look up there should be a hole where the wires come through. Keep me posted about the water drain and crapper hose need to do something. WE love our camper, coming from a TC to this is like having a hotel with us. Also when the wife has to pee every 100 miles dont have to stop. So we will work through the problems and move on.
Thanks ART
Old 03-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #10
World Wide Wanderer

Art,
Got to thinking about your airbag issue. Two things, one the MAX pressure on the system according to the manual is 75psi, you may be over pressurizing it causing it to leak, or there may be a loose fitting. I typically run mine around 45psi occasionally upping it to 60-65psi if I am near full load. I think the minimum recommended pressure is 30psi. Also watch your tire pressures, I use a chart from the Michelin website and adjust mine based on load. One thing I highly recommend is to get the camper loaded up with what you normally haul, then hit a scales for some real world numbers. It will allow you to adjust the tire pressures and the air bags to give you the best and safest ride.

Aaron

Tags
drain, fresh water, water