Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #1

Question Concord Grey Water Dump Pull Handle Issue

One of the grey water dump pull handles on my 2015 Concord is slightly messed up, and I am wondering if any of you may have a quick fix. The housing on the cable is threaded and the nuts hold the cable in place, but the threaded housing has split and broken off since it is just plastic. I have a temporary fix on it with hose clamps but was hoping someone else has a better fix. Worse comes to worse I can replace the cable and get a new housing, but I'm sure that part is not cheap. Thanks for any help you can offer.
sgarrett415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:39 AM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Replace the assembly is going to be the best bet. IMHO electric valves are the way to go. Which one did you break? The one that drains the left side or right side tank? There is another grey valve on the right hand side up in front of the rear wheel that shuts the right side tank off. My game plan is to replace that with an electric as well as the one for the left tank. That will eliminate both cable valves. I am also planning on putting an electric valve on the black tank. Getting lazy in my old age.

Cable operated valves are usually a liability, they seem to fail with great regularity.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #3

Awesome...Thanks! didn't even know electric was an option. I ll be doing that!
sgarrett415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #4
World Wide Wanderer

I like the Barker Electric valves, they are made in the USA and they make repair parts for them.

My game plan is to mount a weather proof box in the top of the dump compartment, then mount the switches in it.

Aaron

Old 01-03-2017, 09:58 AM   #5
Land of the Midnightsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I like the Barker Electric valves, they are made in the USA and they make repair parts for them.

My game plan is to mount a weather proof box in the top of the dump compartment, then mount the switches in it.

Aaron
I think I'm gonna try the elect valves. Got to reading about them and need small project. Lol. They are actually the actuator and seem like easy install I like your weather proof box idea. Reading about some installing switches inside. I think I prefer switches by hose so I can see what goin on
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #6
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
I think I'm gonna try the elect valves. Got to reading about them and need small project. Lol. They are actually the actuator and seem like easy install I like your weather proof box idea. Reading about some installing switches inside. I think I prefer switches by hose so I can see what goin on
Go for it! I don't like NOT having the switches where I can see what is going on. It looks pretty straight forward to me.

I am going to be falling way behind on mods here pretty shortly, things are already spooling up at work, gonna be a busy year.

Aaron

Old 01-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #7

This mod sounds like a great project. I am currently "part timing" each week while at work and have down time in the afternoons after work.
I am on full hook ups so no harm no foul if something doesn't go just right initially.
'69 Chevy C-10, 396BB
alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey water, water