Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #41

I use this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I like it fine and it seems to be accurate but it sure goes through batteries!
RobH063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #42

Bought my Acutire because of this post. Found that my Milton was within 2 pounds. Guess it's my EEZ tire TPMS that is off, but I can live with that. Mostly just an early warning system anyway. Just make a mental note of how far off it is and go from there.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:30 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
Bought my Acutire because of this post. Found that my Milton was within 2 pounds. Guess it's my EEZ tire TPMS that is off, but I can live with that. Mostly just an early warning system anyway. Just make a mental note of how far off it is and go from there.
That's exactly what I do. My EEZ TPMS is also off by a couple pounds from what my gauge reads.
RobH063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #44

First off I didn't read most of the prior posts, but still here is my 2 cents worth...I prefer analog gauges, but get a good one with a dial that has a button to hold the pressure when you remove it from the tire stem...I find that with battery powered pretty much anything that the battery fails you just when you need it most....And as far as them being accurate, I have found that none of them are consistently accurate either one to another (same brand) or that one brand is better than another, but pretty much any of them will get you within a lb. or 2...This comes from someone who has been in the automotive/mechanical field basically my whole adult life (or around 40 years in the field)… just spend a few extra $$ and get a better one.. here is the one I mostly use.. https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Pressure...pressure+guage
mrfikser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #45

Longacre Racing has top quality gauges that are guaranteed accurate within a tenth of a percent. Racers need absolute precision and Longacre gear is TOP quality. Go to Longacreracing.com. Here is the one I bought...
Longacre Deluxe Tire Pressure Gauge 52003
RobertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #46

Can't imagine why it'd make a difference. Plus/minus 5-10% is good with me. It's a tire, not a watch. Tis no racecar either.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #47

Dear aeblank... Why is quality important? Here is why...

About 12 years ago, I learned a very expensive lesson on tire pressure – I’ll share this painful personal story with you now...

We were traveling near Cortez Colorado and I experienced a blowout on one of my Acura MDX tires. I put on my spare tire and drove immediately to the local Discount Tire store. They inspected all 5 tires (4 on the car and the blown tire too) and determined that the cause of the tire blowout was LOW tire pressure! My reaction was “BUT THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE”. I’m a tire pressure fanatic and I check my tire pressures about every 2 weeks and I “know” the tire pressures were perfect. They showed me on their tire gauge that I was running about 6 pounds LOW in EVERY tire... and that is why the tire blew. All 4 tires had interior damage from running to low, so it cost me around $700 to have all 5 tires replaced.

So then I used my trusty "quality" tire gauge to measure the pressure and found out that my gauge was 6 pounds off! I was SHOCKED.

So my very next task was to find a QUALITY tire gauge that I could trust. I had previous experience with Longacre Racing gear, so I went to their web site and purchased a quality Longacre Racing Gauge.

So THAT is why you want a quality gauge... unless having expensive tire damage due to a gauge that is 5 or 10% off is OK with you
RobertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertK View Post
Dear aeblank... Why is quality important? Here is why...

About 12 years ago, I learned a very expensive lesson on tire pressure – I’ll share this painful personal story with you now...

We were traveling near Cortez Colorado and I experienced a blowout on one of my Acura MDX tires. I put on my spare tire and drove immediately to the local Discount Tire store. They inspected all 5 tires (4 on the car and the blown tire too) and determined that the cause of the tire blowout was LOW tire pressure! My reaction was “BUT THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE”. I’m a tire pressure fanatic and I check my tire pressures about every 2 weeks and I “know” the tire pressures were perfect. They showed me on their tire gauge that I was running about 6 pounds LOW in EVERY tire... and that is why the tire blew. All 4 tires had interior damage from running to low, so it cost me around $700 to have all 5 tires replaced.

So then I used my trusty "quality" tire gauge to measure the pressure and found out that my gauge was 6 pounds off! I was SHOCKED.

So my very next task was to find a QUALITY tire gauge that I could trust. I had previous experience with Longacre Racing gear, so I went to their web site and purchased a quality Longacre Racing Gauge.

So THAT is why you want a quality gauge... unless having expensive tire damage due to a gauge that is 5 or 10% off is OK with you

okay, so I am looking at your posting for the tire gauge and for the 0-100psi
gauge (which I need because I run a 'd' rated tire on their trailer, which runs about 65psi)and it says that it accurate to 1 1/2 psi... is that 1 1/2psi either direction from the set point sooo it is really a 3psi variance, or 3/4psi from the set point for a total of 3psi variance...and in a different area (above the other stats. it says accuracy 2%, now is that 2% either way from the set point (total of 4%) or 2% total??? It is kinda vague from the advert.
mrfikser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:01 PM   #49

If accuracy and reliability are important to you and you're willing to spend a few extra bucks, take a look at aviation-grade gauges. This will especially apply to you folks in the triple axle/dually community since aircraft tire pressures often venture around 100 psi as well.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #50
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

May as well throw mine out there too. Its digital, can handle high pressures, and has a built in light. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1M74CP...8-475d0372adf1
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire