Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #61

I called Dish and told them I wanted to "disconnect" my service for a week, the operator offered to credit me for the week and said they don't like to "disconnect". Whatever, I'll try calling them again after I go to Jalama Beach, CA next weekend.

Can I disconnect it online, I didn't see a place to do that at mydish.com?

I'll think about the cable and antenna boost fix to run the tailgater through my RV. Seems to me that I'd have to run more cable from the back of the main TV to the Dish receiver. I'm assuming the antenna booster is part of the switch that changes from antenna to cable located near the main TV.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
I called Dish and told them I wanted to "disconnect" my service for a week, the operator offered to credit me for the week and said they don't like to "disconnect". Whatever, I'll try calling them again after I go to Jalama Beach, CA next weekend.

Can I disconnect it online, I didn't see a place to do that at mydish.com?

I'll think about the cable and antenna boost fix to run the tailgater through my RV. Seems to me that I'd have to run more cable from the back of the main TV to the Dish receiver. I'm assuming the antenna booster is part of the switch that changes from antenna to cable located near the main TV.
I'm sure they don't "like" to since they don't get your money. Too bad. It's probably best not to tell them it's only for a week.

You will almost always want to use an HDMI cable between the receiver and TV.

The front of the "booster control" looks like this (and is the size of a normal wall plate).

Name:   image-1438764561.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  26.8 KB

If you have some other sort of "switch", please post a picture of it.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #63

Camera battery is dead, I'll post later.