Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #1

Does Coachmen perform warranty service?

Hi folks, I have a SportsCoach on order and would like to know if Coachmen does warrantee work? Id like to leave the dealer and spend a few days in the coach writing down any work that's needed.

I'd then like to take it to the factory to have the work done. What I don't know is if Coachmen will do it?
H-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:31 AM   #2

Coachmen service or warranty departments are the only ones who can answer that question. It seems some buyers get service at the factories and some get turned away. Probably has a lot to do with workload or maybe if Jupiter is in the correct alignment with Uranus, and every FR division is managed differently.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:39 AM   #3

If it is major work you might be able to get it done at the factory ( Like having something structural replaced). If it is minor issues your dealer will need to do the repairs.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Coachmen service or warranty departments are the only ones who can answer that question. It seems some buyers get service at the factories and some get turned away. Probably has a lot to do with workload or maybe if Jupiter is in the correct alignment with Uranus, and every FR division is managed differently.
First line is correct answer! Youroo! !
Old 12-30-2016, 08:01 AM   #5

Do you think one of the Regional Sales Managers would know?
Old 12-30-2016, 08:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Man View Post
Do you think one of the Regional Sales Managers would know?

I'd call or email the warranty or service departments. I once had a factory sales rep, not FR, feed me an extremely large pile of BS.

Remember, he still has "sales" in his title.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:16 AM   #7

How right you are Mr. H, I'll contact the warranty department to see what they tell me? This is my first motorhome or RV of any kind, although I was in an Airstream once.

I'd just like the factory who built my coach to fix it if it needs fixing! My guess is most of us feel that way so I'll sure ask the question. I'll contact them after the first of the year so they have their 2017 pants on!

My thanks to each of you for responding, I appreciate it!
Old 12-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #8

Rally for Coachman

Coachman is having a Rally in June 25-29. It says they will have service there at the Rally. This Rally is at Goshen Elkhart fairgrounds where Forest River has there Rally.
A week of activities factory tours,seminars,vendors and much more. This is COACHMANS 50 th year rally. Check it out at Coachman web site.
tcorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #9
Dahagen

I had a structural problem and they picked it up, took it to the factory,and returned it to me. And for other repairs, find an independent repair shop that is licensed to do FR repairs. Dealers like to ignore you once you drive off the lot.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:04 PM   #10

They are in the manufacturing business, not repair business. For most repairs, you'll probably need to take it to an authorized Coachmen center. If you run into major issues (see pp), or have recurring issues that the repair center cant fix, then they might have you bring it into the manufacturing center.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:17 PM   #11

Dahagan, you mentioned "find an independent repair shop that is licensed to do FR repairs." These shops do warrantee work and bill FR?

Where would you find the list of dealers and do you contact them for an appointment or is it handled by FR?
Old 12-30-2016, 08:25 PM   #12
WDW

You need to go to the web site and find the link for SC national warranty / service - probably Nate Hedges who is tremendous to work with. Email him your questions and you will be on the path to great customer service.

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
Western NY
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:10 PM   #13

Does Coachmen perform warranty service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Man View Post
Dahagan, you mentioned "find an independent repair shop that is licensed to do FR repairs." These shops do warrantee work and bill FR?

Where would you find the list of dealers and do you contact them for an appointment or is it handled by FR?

I called Coachmen and they gave me a list of all authorized repair centers within 2-hours.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:57 AM   #14

Great news KD, I hope I can get a list for the total US because my new coach will be my license to ride! Does your list include Coachmen dealers or strictly independent shops?

This is great news because many have recommended to always use the independent shops. And if they're also authorized Coachmen shops thats even better! I'd like to know where they are when I travel in case of a problem.

It's really a shame the reputation of the dealers. I'm sure there are good ones out there who have been overshadowed by the bad ones. And so many have commented that the dealers don't want to see you again once you're off the lot is incredible! Oh well, it is what it is!

I know that FR owns some dealers and wonder if they do a better job?
Old 12-31-2016, 08:47 AM   #15

What dealerships are "Owned by FR"? Youroo! ! Per Post#14
Old 12-31-2016, 08:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
They are in the manufacturing business, not repair business. For most repairs, you'll probably need to take it to an authorized Coachmen center. If you run into major issues (see pp), or have recurring issues that the repair center cant fix, then they might have you bring it into the manufacturing center.

Actually some Forest River divisions / brands have a devoted section at the factory for warranty repairs. I know Rockwood has or had one as a friend who lives in Toledo had his Roo there a couple of times. They do not seem to advertise it. Not sure about Coachmen.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:06 AM   #17

Nate Hedges took over the Service shop at Coachmen effective today after Bob Jewell retired at the end today. Here is the info off the web site.

CRV Service Shop - Middlebury, IN

CRV Service Shop
Nate Hedges
Service Shop Manager
+1 574-825-8367
nhedges@forestriverinc.com

Nate is still the service Representative over at the Class A plant. Note sure how long he will be doing both jobs. See below.

Motorhomes Class A s

Sportscoach Cross Country, Encounter & Mirada

Nate Hedges
Service Representative
+1 574-825-8212
nhedges@forestriverinc.com

Brandon Miller
Parts Advisor
+1 574-825-8317
bmiller@forestriverinc.com

Danielle Davis
Sales Representative
+1 574-825-8225
ddavis@forestriverinc.com

Just talked to him the other day about our coach that is out there for some work. Best thing is to call and talk to him. Might take him a day or so to get back to you as he is normally very busy.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 02:41 PM   #18
Dahagen

By the way H-Man...DO NOT take delivery until everything is working. Go through the complete PDI with them. If you take it, write down what is wrong, and bring it back it may take months to get your unit back. As for independent shops...I found one in Denver (All Stars RV) that does not sell RV's...they only repair them. They did the repair work and billed Coachman direct.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:22 PM   #19

This is really terrific information guys and I thank you so much for your help and input. Now that I've selected my coach and have it on order its nice to know of the support group and good folks around to help!

Happy New Year

Tags
coachmen, service, warranty