Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #1

EZ pass

I have a Berkshire 38A and we are towing a jeep. Anyone know what option to choose on my ez pass?
RV:7000lbs:Ax2ual

Thanks
jendrummond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #2

We got 2 ez pass - one for car we were dolly towing. One for class A motor home. One cannot be used for both vehicles. Make sure wheb you are towing that you you put the car ez pass in the glove box and I covered it. We had a few times we were charged twice, as both were recorded when going through the automated system.
Ladybuglv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #3

I responded to you yesterday but don't know what happened to it.

We also tow a jeep & when we added the RV to our account we didn't have to select the weight, tire configuration, etc. We just told the clerk it was a RV & that we would be towing the Jeep.

We only use one transmitter for both vehicles because to the best of my knowledge, EZ-Pass counts axles, not weight.

If you use two transmitters (one for the R & one for the toad) you may end up paying double.

Make sure that the license number, make, & model for both vehicles are registered on your account.

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:29 AM   #4

Interesting. We were told we had to have 2 ez pass -one for rv and one for car. This may be because we took our car out without rv many times and used the car ez pass. We hid our car ezpass when it was being towed bwhind rv so we would not get double charged. We were told the ez pass is assigned to a specific vehicle & is not transferable to another vehicle.
It does count axels, so rv is charged differently when towing then when not towing.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #5

I pull a FW, and use one for both. As Ceedog said, they count axles. When I go with the truck, it charges one amount, when I go with the FW i charges for both units according to axles.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:11 PM   #6

Good to know. New Jersey, part of ez pass said I'd get fined if I drove my car with rv ezpass for rv. We don't live in area served by ezpass so wasn't sure how it worked. In NJ, my sister got fined when she forst moved ther, because she used ezpass a signed to one car, to another. Maybe states are different ?
I do love using ezpass! No searching for toll amount, no stopping in long lines! Happy travels.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:52 PM   #7

As long as you have the tags registered, there should be no problem. At least this is how I experienced it. I have I-Pass for IL, and EZ for TX. Both work the same way for us.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #8

We needed to register our motorhome as "commercial" with tow. We keep the ezpass in the jeep but wrap it in foil so it doesn't double charge (just in case). It's expensive to travel through tolls but we do love just driving through them without stopping or waiting in line!
michelledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #9

Thank you everyone
jendrummond is offline   Reply With Quote

« SEATS | Recliners »