Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2020, 07:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmyth25 View Post
I do, it is pictured in an above post. It is a pressurized system, and not like how most trailers have an opening into the tank that can be used with a gravity feed system.
Ok I didnt know that sorry cant help you
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #22

Extension hose.

I don't have your trailer but the same set up with a pressurized valve. I use a hose hook up that pushes the valve in and a hand pump and then the water goes into the fresh water tank. Its about 3 feet long.
petrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 04:49 PM   #23

I got a 12v pump, 3/8" hose and a '3/8" Hose ID, 3/4" GHT Male Barb Hose' that screws into the freshwater connection. I have no problems pumping water in with this setup, no backpressure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WYMC492
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9D2BS1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JWWSWSY
mdsnitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:03 PM   #24

Years ago when I owned a Casita, I installed a waterproof boat deck inspection hatch on the top of my water tank. I could unscrew the cover and pour the water right in. It also made it handy for cleaning.
Greywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #25

In my case, I can connect the outside shower to the City water port, turn the valve to the fw tank fill position, then suck water from a 6 gal jug in the Antifreeze port. Maybe it will work for you too.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsnitc View Post
I got a 12v pump, 3/8" hose and a '3/8" Hose ID, 3/4" GHT Male Barb Hose' that screws into the freshwater connection. I have no problems pumping water in with this setup, no backpressure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WYMC492
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D9D2BS1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JWWSWSY
Thank you, thats almost the exact setup I have running. Do you have to switch a valve between the city water and fresh water tanks?
Bsmyth25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
In my case, I can connect the outside shower to the City water port, turn the valve to the fw tank fill position, then suck water from a 6 gal jug in the Antifreeze port. Maybe it will work for you too.
I dont think I have a valve to flip, so thats one of the issues.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:19 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrx View Post
I don't have your trailer but the same set up with a pressurized valve. I use a hose hook up that pushes the valve in and a hand pump and then the water goes into the fresh water tank. Its about 3 feet long.
So you have something that pushed the mesh down the spout to bypass it?
Old 11-20-2020, 08:46 PM   #29

Hand pump

I use a Valterra hand pump kit I bought on Amazon and the hose connection attaches to the fresh water inlet just like a city water connection & you just hand pump the water in the FW tank. I’m sure you could hook up an electric pump some how but normally I just need a few gals to get me by.
petrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:01 PM   #30

Try this just for grins ... set your valves to the winterize positions, stick the hose going to your winterizing port in a jug of water, connect your outside shower to your fresh water tank inlet via a short water hose, turn on the pump and open the showers cold water valve. This adds water to my FW tank in a pinch ... it just takes a while and you don't have to buy a second 12VDC water pump.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:34 AM   #31

You can't do a gravity fill into the tank, because the tank is under the bed, and higher than the inlet. So you have to put some sort of pressure on a hose that's screwed into the inlet, to get the water uphill into the tank.

You can use a regular water hose from a faucet, or you can use a pump of some type from a container. A lot of people use an electric pump run off the battery. I use a pump run off an electric drill, with the uptake into a 5 gallon container and a hose connection to the water inlet.

The tank is full when water runs out of the overflow underneath the RV. Just look for water pouring out.

The metal mesh is only a screen like in a faucet. It's not any kind of a valve.

The inlet to the left is connected to the water system to use with constant city water pressure, no pump, no need for water in the tank. The inlet to the right is the one that fills the tank.

I have a quick connect on the end of my hose and on the inlet, so it doesn't get all twisted up screwing the hose on. I really dislike this setup--much easier just to have a gravity fill. I plan to add a gravity fill inlet directly from the top of the tank out through the wall of the RV at some point.
1955photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #32

Quote:
Thank you, thats almost the exact setup I have running. Do you have to switch a valve between the city water and fresh water tanks?
No valve to switch, my camper has separate inlets for city and fresh.
mdsnitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:41 PM   #33
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
I dont think so, I see a metal mesh covering the opening.
There is a check valve right below the screen. They do stick on occasion.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:00 PM   #34

I bought a plastic water tank from eBay and a 12v water pump. Some hose and a few fittings and you can transfer water from tank to rv easily..keep in mind, the 12v pump will draw batteries down though.
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:14 PM   #35

Drill driven pump

I always have a cordless drill in my toolbox so I use this pump

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...mp/A-p8643207e

With a couple of ends from an old garden hose I can drain a water jug into the tank in no time flat. The hose ends screw right onto the trailer connection and works like a charm and is inexpensive
Kennan345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:48 AM   #36

Quote:
I have a 2020 Coachman Leprechaun 260QB and was curious is any other owners of this model know a way to fill the water tank without a city water connection. Can I create my own pump system and fill the tank that way, o I use a gravity feed system (I dont think I can), or any advise on how others with similar models fill their tanks. Thank you
You can get an adapter to use unthreaded connections. Maybe $4.

My issue with my 260DS was how to get bleach in. My house is on a well without chlorination. Finally figured out to pour the bleach solution into the hose before connecting it.

I too prefer gravity fill.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:48 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsnitc View Post
No valve to switch, my camper has separate inlets for city and fresh.
Most do.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:08 AM   #38

Quote:
Thank you for the guide and video, they are very helpful.

I did/can not find a valve to turn to redirect the water from city to the tank. I do have 2 separate fill spots, one for city water and one for fresh water tank, both seem to need a pressurized water source as they are not open to allow for a gravity fill system. Maybe I dont have such a valve, I will have to search more and see if I can find one.
You fill the fresh water tank from a hose or if you have a carry tank use a funnel. Read you owners manual. You screw the hose onto city water inlet, the fresh water tank inlet, you just set the hose in the hole.
Jcape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #39

Do you know whether your fresh water tank actually fills if you have a faucet and hose to connect it to? Has it ever been filled? If fills at home from the outdoor faucet and hose, it should fill with your water pump arrangement unless the pomp is not generating adequate pressure, and if it doesn't fill from the water tap at home you have another problem altogether.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1955photo View Post
You can't do a gravity fill into the tank, because the tank is under the bed, and higher than the inlet. So you have to put some sort of pressure on a hose that's screwed into the inlet, to get the water uphill into the tank.

You can use a regular water hose from a faucet, or you can use a pump of some type from a container. A lot of people use an electric pump run off the battery. I use a pump run off an electric drill, with the uptake into a 5 gallon container and a hose connection to the water inlet.

The tank is full when water runs out of the overflow underneath the RV. Just look for water pouring out.

The metal mesh is only a screen like in a faucet. It's not any kind of a valve.

The inlet to the left is connected to the water system to use with constant city water pressure, no pump, no need for water in the tank. The inlet to the right is the one that fills the tank.

I have a quick connect on the end of my hose and on the inlet, so it doesn't get all twisted up screwing the hose on. I really dislike this setup--much easier just to have a gravity fill. I plan to add a gravity fill inlet directly from the top of the tank out through the wall of the RV at some point.
Actually, the inlet on the right is his blackwater flush. The center inlet is his freshwater tank fill. Look at the picture he posted.

Tags
tank, water, water tank