Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #1

Freelander 27QB factory pre-wiring.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the roof vents and other optional points where optional 12v gear, like USB connections, are typically pre-wired in the freelander? I.e. If I was going to install a Maxxair fan in the position over the dinette would I have to pull wires, or would they be there?
Cceaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:34 PM   #2

I recently took my vent apart to replace the vent lid and I saw the wires were there of I chose to upgrade to a 12 v vent with fan. I have a 2019 leprechaun 270QB.

It takes less than five minutes to disassemble and reassemble the vent if you want to see for yourself.
pelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:43 AM   #3

I installed MaxxAir Fans in my 27QB in the Bedroom, Bathroom and Dinette. Both my wife and I are short, so reaching the manual opening was difficult at best! So we got the units with the remote controls.

The installations were very simple, and we were able to tackle it in an afternoon.

In the back, the pre-wiring exists in the Bedroom and the Bathroom.

Unfortunately, for the front, the pre-wiring only exists over the cab-over, NOT the dinette. Pretty silly, if you ask me, but that's what it is.

What I wound up doing is taking the wiring from the front vent location and running it back to the dinette using some wire raceways on the ceiling. It was simple, and looks clean.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tags
factory, wiring