Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2015, 03:06 PM   #1

Great MOD: Sony HT-CT370 for midship TV 404BH

The regular TV speakers were not cutting it on the road so I took a chance and installed the Sony HT-CT370. The sound bar is lightweight and acts as an HDMI switcher for the front DVD and our WDTV and is plenty loud enough for on road use. There is a wireless subwoofer that I plugged in under the dining table and shoved against the wall. The soundbar is mounted on top of the wood topper of the TV riser and I have it in place with some command strips (velcro) and was planning to drill a hole through the wood for the wires. Currently, the HDMI and power just run over the back. I zip tied everything so it moves with the raise and lower mechanism and I used a 6 outlet wall power plug so that I could connect power into the existing hidden power plug.

This has worked so nicely that I am planning to install a second one in the bedroom since you can barely hear that TV as the speakers shoot into the cabinet. I will mount that one under the lower cabinet. The sound bar is light enough that I am not worried about it pulling through the thin wood there. I will likely reinforce from above just to be safe.
dflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #2

Pics to prove it
Tadi Brothers 9" Wireless 120 degree Rear Cam
2015 Nights Camped: 4
2016 Nights Camped: 8
hazmat91180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications