Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #1

Exclamation HELP. I can't see

The headlights on my 2004 Coachmen Mirada are horrible. You almost need someone with a flashlight in the passengers seat. Please help if you have suggestions.

Thanks,
Terrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #2

If it's just the bulbs aren't bright enough, replace them with one of the newer, brighter ones. If the headlights are cloudy/hazy try WipeNew - it worked for my car headlights
PhilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:48 PM   #3

Can't say this is the problem, but lights do lose brightness with age. May just be time for new bulbs.

Does it take a full light replacement, or just a bulb behind a lens? If it's an old lens, it may be cloudy & need a refurb. Lots of kits to available clean those up.

And of course, are they aimed correctly?

Tuckerdog1

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
If you don't punish your children, life will.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:21 AM   #4
1sd

The headlights on my 2016 suck too so nothing has changed since 2004. I replaced my bulbs with LED's and it helps but still not perfect. Lots of discussion on here about headlights. Search engine is your friend.
1sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:20 AM   #5

Are they fogged over with haze or just weak? If they are hazy then you can get a lens polish or use toothpaste and a rag to polish them clear again. There are many upgrade lights available for trucks at the local auto parts stores. Just go in and tell them how bright you want to be. Most of them are a home replacement job at best.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #6

There are many many to improve the illumination from the headlights. Some folks change the bulb & find that satisfactory.

On my Berk I decided to change them to HID's. The kits are available on Amazon & are plug & play. Just enter the type of bulb & the correct kit will be shown. Takes about 1/2 hour to install both hi & lo beam kits.

ceedog is online now   Reply With Quote