Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #1

How do you get Coachmen support?

I have had an inop dash air system since new. (I did not check it it delivery as it was cold out when we picked it up)

I was working with Ron Levitz through all of the issues and was advised by him to take the coach to Richmond Auto Air for the Dash AC vs Freightliner because the only thing they would warranty is the compressor and condensor.

I know Ron has left Coachmen, I was then working with Nate Hedges. Now I have left several voicemail for John Vridex.

Richmond Air has fixed it, but now Coachmen won't return my calls to handle warranty payment.

I have left messages, emailed.. I am getting no response.

Advice?
Keith M.
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Coachmen was not a FR company a few of years ago and has had a owner's website for many years.
you might want to join it and you might get more help there. FR acquired them when the economy took a dump, along with Shasta, Dynamax and Viking.

Coachmen Caravan Club
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #3

YEA!! John V. called me and they are covering the repair to the Dash A/C!

Way to go Coachmen!

Mal
Old 05-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #4

Glad to hear!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladjusted View Post
YEA!! John V. called me and they are covering the repair to the Dash A/C!

Way to go Coachmen!

Mal
What was the symptom and what repairs did they make if I can ask?
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #6

Dash air was inop from delivery. (It was cold on delivery, so I didn't get to really try it out until we got back to VA).

Virginia Auto Air diagnosed no refrigerant at all. He thought it was never filled from the factory.. it was that flat.

Filled with refrigerant and dye... ran it until it not longer functioned, brought it back. Tech discovered the connection that is supplied by Freightliner to the connection by Coachmen was trashed... O ring was destroyed and the fitting was crossthreaded.

Cut the connection out and fitted two new connections, filled and cool again!!

One thing I noticed... it cools sufficiently at low speed or idle, but at highway speed the air coming out gets significantly warmer... I think the valve that supplies the core with hot water is not closing all the way, so when the engine spins up... it is forcing water through the core. I have a set of needlenose vice grip teed up to pinch off one of the hoses to diagnose.

I'll report back,
Mal
Old 05-28-2013, 06:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Dash air was inop from delivery. (It was cold on delivery, so I didn't get to really try it out until we got back to VA).

Virginia Auto Air diagnosed no refrigerant at all. He thought it was never filled from the factory.. it was that flat.

Filled with refrigerant and dye... ran it until it not longer functioned, brought it back. Tech discovered the connection that is supplied by Freightliner to the connection by Coachmen was trashed... O ring was destroyed and the fitting was crossthreaded.

Cut the connection out and fitted two new connections, filled and cool again!!

One thing I noticed... it cools sufficiently at low speed or idle, but at highway speed the air coming out gets significantly warmer... I think the valve that supplies the core with hot water is not closing all the way, so when the engine spins up... it is forcing water through the core. I have a set of needlenose vice grip teed up to pinch off one of the hoses to diagnose.

I'll report back,
Mal
I've seen posts recommending adding a finite ball type valve to the heater hose as the factory unit does not close completely just as you pointed out.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #8

Didn't even get a chance to try the needlenose pliers trick... F$&king A/C inop AGAIN!! And... Check engine light on AGAIN!! Same code... Crankcase pressure sensor intermitten signal... This thing makes that little vein on my neck pop out.

Back to Cummins... Then... Back to Virginia auto air.

Mal
Old 05-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Didn't even get a chance to try the needlenose pliers trick... F$&king A/C inop AGAIN!! And... Check engine light on AGAIN!! Same code... Crankcase pressure sensor intermitten signal... This thing makes that little vein on my neck pop out.

Back to Cummins... Then... Back to Virginia auto air.

Mal
Needless to say you first trip didn't go well. I'm of to Coachmen tomorrow with a full 8 1/2 x 11 list (20 items) that either didn't get fixed this winter at RVW Lakeland or if they did still aren't right. The worst one is the drivers window. Still love the coach and really getting used to it but wish my dealer was close and other coachmen dealers cared about owners who didn't purchase from them. I've had no problems with Freightliner or Cummins. I've come to realize that the larger the rig, the deeper my pockets have to be.

2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS
Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 AM   #10

I'm in the same boat as you Mike, No dealer within 3 hrs.

Oh yea... btw... the Girard Hot water heater is cycling hot / cold again.

Admittedly the park I was at had really weak water pressure, and I was reading some docs on line... I may have had the temp up too high for the available pressure.

When the coach gets home, I'll play around with the temp controller and water pressure.

Good Luck at Coachmen... keep me posted on progress.

Mal
Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #11

I am having warranty problems with My 2013 Freelander ... who can be contacted at Coachmen?
bayne44freelndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayne44freelndr View Post
I am having warranty problems with My 2013 Freelander ... who can be contacted at Coachmen?
Try Ron Ross at Coachmen. Contact info is on Coachmen site here: Owners Support - Coachmen RV

Good luck!

2013 Coachmen Encounter 36KS, 2020 Chevrolet Equinox toad, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Brake Buddy Vantage Select, Protect-a-Tow, 5 Star Tune, M4 LED lights, BIRD, ATS, Xantrex PROwatt 1000 SW Inverter and many other accessories & mods.
LLVanB is offline   Reply With Quote