Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #1

Interesting discovery: Encounter

Getting the Encounter ready for the 2015 camping season I noticed the rear fenders rattled against the mudflaps. I cut out a small notch at the point the fender was bumping up against the flap. The rear has a mudflap in front, and behind, the dual wheels. A small notch on each flap with side cutters took care of the rattle.

I went to the other side of the Encounter (right or street side) intending to notch them as well and discovered for the first time there is no mudflap at the front of the right side dual wheels. That's odd.

So two flaps on the left side rear tires and only one on the right side.

I would appreciate if the Encounter owners would check and see if they have the same situation on their coaches.

The rear slide out sits over the right side wheel; that might be the reason but I still think it's odd.

After 4 full seasons of crawling all over this rig I'm surprised this is the first time I've noticed this.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #2

Just went out and checked my 2015 37LS. I have only 1 mud flap on both the left and right rear wheels
capbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:14 PM   #3

Roll,
Mud flaps front and back on rear drivers side. One flap at rear on passenger side, none in front of the tire. On front mud flap it is notched between the tires at the bottom. Yes, strange arrangement.
1n
Old 06-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #4

Encounter Mud Flaps

Roll,
I also have a short "mud" flap in front of the rear tire on the driver side. It is located between the engine exhaust tail pipe and the rear tire. I believe this to be a heat shield rather than a mud flap. On our unit the front flap has some wear grooves caused by rubbing on the tire - probably at high speed and high ambient temperature. I have been planning to fabricate a stainless steel shield/support for this flap to keep it from contacting the tire - just haven't gotten to it yet; maybe later this year before we leave on our 2016 snowbird trip. I will post a picture when I get it done.
Larry...

2013 Coachmen Encounter 36KS, 2020 Chevrolet Equinox toad, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Brake Buddy Vantage Select, Protect-a-Tow, 5 Star Tune, M4 LED lights, BIRD, ATS, Xantrex PROwatt 1000 SW Inverter and many other accessories & mods.
LLVanB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover