Old 06-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #1

Jensen 32 tv no power lights

My tv has has no power lights on. Went off while watching a dvd. I have 13.7 dc volts at the plug unhooked to tv. The blue light flickered then gone. Also red then quit entirely. I have a leprechaun 240fs. Jensen 32”. It is 2.3 years old.

Hopefully will be able to fix. All info helps.

Mark

Visiting Elko Nevada today.

Mark2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:34 AM   #2

In the 12 volt plug is a fuse. To access, the front tip of the plug screws off. It will be a 3AG glass fuse. You will need to look at the end cap of the fuse to determine the amp rating of the fuse.

2017.5 Forester 3051S
2019 Jeep Trailhawk toad
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #3

My plug is encased in plastic and does not unscrew but since you mentioned the fuse there is an in-line 7.5 amp blade fuse that seems to be welded into the holder. It does not look to be blown but I’ll get a plyer and see if I can force remove it and check it out. Thanks Steve. I will let you know how that works out

Oops I forgot that I have 13.7 volts coming out the plug end.

I grew up in sw PA.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #4

By plug end if you mean the TV side then unfortunately you have a failed TV. Contact Jensen they may be willing to help you out depending upon the age of the TV. The cost to repair usually exceeds the cost the cost to replace these days.

2017.5 Forester 3051S
2019 Jeep Trailhawk toad
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #5

IF you need to replace the TV itself, look at similar (same size or larger, as long as it will "fit the hole") In particular, look at the 120 volt power cord. If it has an in line power supply, read the label on it. Chances are good that it will have a 12 to 14 volt output voltage. If this is the case, the TV is actually a 12 volt TV. I've found this on many of the flat panel TVs in the past several years. There MIGHT even be a 12 volt cord included in the box, but don't count on it. If not, you can likely find one listed on Amazon or on eBay. Or of course, you can make one up or have someone competent with electronics make one for you. Fuse should be 1.5 times the average draw of the TV, which is listed on the label. The 7.5 amp blade fuse is the lowest amperage you are likely to find in automotive use, but 5 amp is made in the ATO type at least.
Photo Lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #6

Thanks Steve. I’ll be contacting Jensen.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #7

Great idea. Thanks. Much appreciated
Old 06-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #8

I took the tv into a shop. Tv turned out to be fine. The problem is the coach 12v wiring. I hooked up a different deep cycle battery directly to the tv and it works fine.

My 2 coach batteries are 1 year old. I replaced the inline fuse.

This also points to the 12v propane low power alarm that has been driving me crazy for 2 years. I had to disconnect it last month in Canada finally. Beep. Beep. Every 20 seconds. Happens a lot. Fortunately I have an awesome repair shop to use and the owner is a neighbor.

I finally used his company last month because the steel plate protecting the propane tank fell off in Yuma AZ. I cannot believe that FR forgot to put bolts at all 4 corners. Only 3 at the top. Numbskulls. That’s another story.

PS: Best Buy sells 12v TVs at a good price.

Mark

Tags
jensen, light, power