Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2021, 06:04 PM   #41

Yes, just funning Wingwalker. I hope all you guys get good quality built new units and don't have to wait much longer. It's got to be killing you guys to keep waiting with only estimations, or guestimations on delivery dates.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:23 PM   #42
Beanbag

The suspense isn’t much fun but the main thing is having to put off and/or readjust other important things. From doctor appointments to visiting kids and everything in between. You make it all work but it’s interesting sometimes! And like you, I hope when they come in they are well built and road worthy.
Wingwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:28 PM   #43

Wingwalker it's mid June are they on schedule? If you have it can't wait to hear about it!
Wezlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:32 PM   #44
Beanbag

Hi Wezlie, My new ship date is June 28th and I hope that date holds. It’s hard to believe ordering a new coach could take five months.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:26 PM   #45

August 16th ship date for mine. I expect this to get pushed back again. Mr. Wingwalker...RV? ��
Old 07-04-2021, 09:29 PM   #46
Beanbag

Still don’t know about mine. Hope to have an update on Wednesday. I sure hope to have it this month!
Old 07-06-2021, 05:02 PM   #47

If the prices on RVTrader are an accurate indication of the current market. I suspect some dealers are going to get weak knees completing business at our agreed upon prices. The big Texas dealer is advertising $160K+ and that is the lowest out there.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:45 PM   #48
Beanbag

Exactly right.. they could take our coaches and make an easy extra $40 grand overnight. I’m sure happy I have a VIN of my new coach.

I
Old 07-26-2021, 11:49 PM   #49

Wingwalker what's the news? I assume I can't have mine until you get yours.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:26 PM   #50

Anyone else out there have one of these? How do you like it?
Old 09-07-2021, 12:02 PM   #51

New Encore 355ds

Yes, we also ordered ours at Tampa RV Show. Didnt pick it up until June 26, 2021. So took a little longer than anticipated which was expecting a delay. Awesome RV and we liked the layout of 355ds. Not quite as long as the 375RB.
If you have not picked it up yet, but hope you already did, you will enjoy.
Do have to take back for some warranty work but all small items..
Spacewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:09 AM   #52
He Said "Member"

So Far So ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingwalker View Post
I bought the Encore 375RB at the Tampa show and should get it in April. WoW what a coach... Coachmen really packed an incredible amount of good stuff into 38'2". Full washer/dryer, king bed, bunk area with office and hanging closet, huge couch, bath and a half, huge skylight in salon area. And the best looking front and rear cap I've ever seen!

Well done Coachmen, I really look forward to getting my hands on it in April!
I'm curious how you like your new coach so far.
We just ordered the same model at the Hershey show but don't expect delivery for several months. That is several months of obsessing and planning and getting our 5'er ready to sell.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #53

Skylight/Solarium

FYI, the skylight does look great on these units. But an FYI, the panel that closes had started to come loose from the track that barely holds it. Must be the heat, maybe? So was still planning on putting some heatshield to dissipate heat coming in. Opened the slide cover first and placed the foil heatshield. Well, the dome which by the way is 2 domes, the outside one and another inside. The inside one imploded on itself. Must of been the heat buildup ? So the heatshield, still on, bulges as a result. Yes a warranty issue that certainly needs addressing. So, FYI, no heatshield to dissipate some of that heat .
Old 01-28-2022, 05:51 PM   #54

Newbie Encore 22 355DS

After reading this thread, I fear we may have made General RV happy folks. We have been RV planning, show watching for 3-4 years. I like to do a lot of homework first before a major purchase. We saw the 355DS at the Fall Show and said we like it. Decided to pull the trigger at the Jan Tampa show. Negotiated out the door price with W/D installed, full body paint for $160,000. From what was posted, seems like that was a bit high. Said we'll get it mid-May but
not holding my breath. Anybody else purchase the 355DS at the Tampa Show and feel like sharing their deal/price? Also, the show 355DS did not have the skylight but I've seen videos that make me believe it's stock? Any insights here?
richyoung87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 06:33 PM   #55

Great choice and congratulations. We purchased our 355ds at the 2021 Tampa Show and delivered to us end of June. If you read my post the skylight was one of a few deciding factors for us. Although the skylight did have some issues as due to heat the glue caused the sliding cover to get loose and the inner globe imploded upon itself. We are still waiting for parts to get it replaced. Not sure if Forest River fixed this mfg defect for the 2022 models. But we still enjoy our rig very much!
Old 01-28-2022, 06:44 PM   #56

Spacewalker, the 22 models discontinued the skylight for ?? reason. Hopefully we will get ours about the same time as you did last year. Did you have any major discrepancies during the initial walkthrough or in your first year of use?
Old 01-28-2022, 07:13 PM   #57

On initial walk through ended up have a cooling issue with rear AC. Dealer determined that unit had to be replaced. They finally were able to locate one which is reason we stayed there for 3 additional days. Since have determined that the unit they replaced probably does not have a heating element as no heat yet front unit does have a heat exchanger. Do have to go back to dealer to have some warranty items, minor, addressed and replaced. Waiting on all the parts of skylight to come in. Although is they have been discontinued for 2022 hoping that they can get those parts!
Old 01-29-2022, 01:22 AM   #58

I noticed my steering wheel is off set about 1 inch or so to the left. I didn't notice the issue all the way from Utah to Oregon these things drive so nice. I mentioned it in my list to Coachmen but after researching pictures of any 2021 and older Ford chassis they're all this way! Name your RV manufacturer and the steering wheel is not front and center to your body but am inch or so to the left. Sorry to those who didn't notice this and now you can't unsee it. We love our 375RB and in my humble opinion $160K is a good deal right now. I think the lowest advertised price I've seen is in the lower $180K range. There will be fit and finish issues, however, Coachmen has been pretty great about working with us. Most of the workmanship in the coach is top notch. Shop for a new mattress right away. Pretty sure some of the short king options on Amazon will be good even though they are 72x75 as opposed to 70x74. This is my plan as my measurements show an easy fit for the standard short king size. Is go only memory foam in case a handle on a drawer needs to compress into the mattress slightly, but honestly I think there is plenty of room. I wish wish wish I could remove the headboard or move it up enough to show my pillow to slide under it to the wall. The headboard looks great (even though it's not centered correctly :-P), but it sticks out a full 3 inches from the wall! This effectively gives you a mattress that is only 67 inches long and that is feet off the edge of the bed for me. If you dress up the drop down bed with a cheap pad length is actually 80+ inches and more than half a king wide so essentially you get king space equivalence up there for one sleeper. My 2 cents... I have more if you want. It's the greatest thing in the world however, these things are far from perfect. My expectations were fit and finish of a new Honda or something like that... NOPE! These are all hand built custom and when you realize that you can really enjoy this experience. Well done Coachmen!
Old 01-29-2022, 11:19 AM   #59

355ds

Our 355ds also did not have steering wheel centered but about 1in to the right. Alignment is not off though. Went to Safe-t-Plus and had the steering stabilizer put on along with Koni shocks on all 4 wheels. This made it drive even better than it did.. really big difference. Would definitely recommend these, especially the steering stabilizer.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:03 AM   #60

Thanks for sharing info on the mattress situation. I was looking today at 70x74 and didn't find too many folks that sell that size. What type of stabilizer did you use and what model of Koni shocks? Sounds like it's worth the extra money to do this up front. Did you upgrade your batteries. I see the stock is (2) 6v batteries, is that the norm? I've been watching videos about installing additional solar panels on the roof, quite a project but seems almost necessary if you're thinking about serious boondocking. Of course I'm a newbie who is only YouTube smart right now. Seems like almost every couple that owns a RV has their own show. Very informative though so thankful
2022 Coachman Encore 355DS
Newbie RVers who need mentoring