Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2021, 05:55 PM   #1

JVR 9000 Replacement

Howdy, I have a 2018 Leprechaun with a JVR 9000 system. I had it replaced under warranty the first year because it wouldn't come on after plugging my phone in to charge. Now after my summer vacation it won't come on at all! The rear camera comes on when in reverse, I can see it changing shades in the monitor but it doesn't work. Called ASA tech and they think the software just isn't uploading so its toast!

What is a good replacement?
I don't need the side camera feature since that's useless, but I do need the rear camera on while driving and in reverse.
Apple carplay is desired feature so no need for navigation system (even tho I paid for that when I bought it)!
And a high resolution display. Can anyone really see that JVR9000 display?
Any suggestions.

Thanks
Lesley
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #2

Lesley, it seems to be really hard finding a direct replacement multi-plex camera, radio, etc. Jensen systems in our RVs. I've looked many times at replacing my older Jensen RV212 for a DIY project and I've given up.

What I plan on doing if I finally give up on what I have is take my rig to a car/vehicle audio center. I have seen YouTube videos where they take very good Pioneer, JBL, etc one camera multi-plex head units, add a splitter to bring in the two side cameras (which I use always when changing lanes) and having them do the install. My budget would be $750-$1000.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:54 PM   #3

Lesley, call Crtuchfield. They will recommend the right piece. They will also sell you the adapters necessary for the replacement.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:26 PM   #4

Found a replacement

After scouring the internet and reading reviews, I went to our local audio dealer (Ron's Audio, ask for Easton) to ask him and I installed an Alpine ilx-w650. He has two left as of today. They ordered them 8 months ago and received 4 today! Lucky day for me.
Interesting during the install, the camera connection to the JVC 9000 was a custom harness. "They" whoever built the RV, spliced the back up camera wire and made a custom harness with the other two side cameras and connected it to the JVC with a custom connector!!
So I had to buy either a camera to male RCA and power connector for $24 and lose the side cameras or buy a 3 way camera switch box to get all three cameras to work for $100. I choose the later even tho the side cameras are useless but maybe the view with the new system will be better.
The resolution on this system is great. I can actually see the screen while driving!
Apple play allows you to use all your wonderful features that you are accustom to on your Iphone!! No need to learn another cumbersome navigation system that sucks!!
I did lose the cd player but who uses that!
And the radio sounds better too!

Hope that helps the next guy looking for a replacement because his JVC9000 crapped out!

-----------
2018 Coachman Leprechaun 260 DS
2000 TJ as toad
Old 10-28-2021, 10:13 AM   #5

DirtDiva, great solution and you can't beat Alpine quality. Not surprised you needed an adapter for the three cameras to work. Looking to go from my Jensen RV212 to the 9000 E-Trailer told me there would be an additional harness needed for $39.99.

Would you mind letting us know what the total job cost?
Old 10-31-2021, 01:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva View Post
Howdy, I have a 2018 Leprechaun with a JVR 9000 system. I had it replaced under warranty the first year because it wouldn't come on after plugging my phone in to charge. Now after my summer vacation it won't come on at all! The rear camera comes on when in reverse, I can see it changing shades in the monitor but it doesn't work. Called ASA tech and they think the software just isn't uploading so its toast!

What is a good replacement?
I don't need the side camera feature since that's useless, but I do need the rear camera on while driving and in reverse.
Apple carplay is desired feature so no need for navigation system (even tho I paid for that when I bought it)!
And a high resolution display. Can anyone really see that JVR9000 display?
Any suggestions.

Thanks
Lesley

I have a brand new one , I can sell it to you for half the cost plus shipping PM me if you want it

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:13 AM   #7

The cost was $350 for the Alpine, $125 to install it and $100 for the adapter.
Amazon has the multimedia system for $499! The audio guy said people are jacking the price up just because they can but the cost to them was same as a year ago.
And the camera is some much better. The side cameras I can actually see something!!
Old 11-06-2021, 09:53 PM   #8

Wow, for $575 you got a top-name audio company in Alpine with all the capabilities we RV'ers require, and your 3 cameras working better than ever to boot. Well done!

Thanks for sharing...

Tags
replacement