Old 09-14-2020, 09:30 PM   #1

Leprechaun 260DS shower plumbing

Hi,

I need to access the shower drain plumbing on my 2020 Leprechaun 260DS and can't figure out how to do it. We have some "grey tank odor" when going down the highway and I suspect an issue with the p-trap/waterless trap. But I just can't get to it!

There doesn't seem to be any access panel from the bathroom itself, even though the shower is raised slightly.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Laurent
lduchesne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:28 AM   #2

I would think you could get to it through the ceiling of the storage compartment right below the shower.......Bruce
waco kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #3

Hi Bruce, the main problem is, there is no storage under there

Right under the shower, outside, there is a table that slides out and when fully extended/removed, I only see a piece of plywood. I assume all plumbing is above that. And the opening for the table is about 8 inches high.

There is a panel close by in the back storage compartment which I still have to open when I have a minute, but besides looking, there would be no way to do any repair there.. it's way too small. I attached a picture of what it looks like.

I just can't believe there's no access to repair the plumbing in case something goes wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	601148ED-5122-46F6-BF71-6DBF45DB437E.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	239246  
Old 09-16-2020, 02:33 PM   #4

When I get a chance I'll look at mine and see if I can find a way to get at it....Bruce
waco kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:41 PM   #5

I will check mine out tomorrow also. I think that drain works by water pressure then seals itself when not in use. I think.
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:34 PM   #6

You should be able to get it repaired under warranty? I removed the panel on the drivers side under the bed , it gave me access to water pump and fresh water tank . Wonder if you would get access thru the back area? The panels were held with screws and caulk.easy to remove.
Stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #7

Thanks all. I unfortunately bought it more than a year ago so the 1 year Forest River warranty is over.

I opened the panel in the back and got to see the p-trap. As I tought though, I can't access it, it is way too small for me to crawl in and I can barely touch it from outside.

Unless one of you has a great idea, I don't see any other way than removing the shower base
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9B5A148C-DFFC-499C-923E-E5D7A0ADADDE.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	239432  
Old 09-18-2020, 06:04 PM   #8

is that the back wall of the small storage unit on the passenger side near the rear? Its either for the table or storage.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:39 PM   #9

That's from the rear storage. On the side, I have the slide out table (without any access panel).
Old 09-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #10

For something like that I think I would call coachman , to plead my case. I have heard the are very good at helping there owners. Nate Hedges. 574.825-8367
Coachmen Leprachan was the name I was given . He helped a fellow rver that camped next us. Never hurts to ask!
Old 09-18-2020, 07:32 PM   #11

I still think that drain works off pressure and no actual trap. Mine acted up when I first got my Leprechaun and it took the dealer about 5 minutes to fix, stupid me I should have asked.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:25 PM   #12

Wondering if your shower drain is fixed , and how it was fixed ?
Old 09-26-2020, 04:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
I still think that drain works off pressure and no actual trap. Mine acted up when I first got my Leprechaun and it took the dealer about 5 minutes to fix, stupid me I should have asked.
Sorry it took a while to answer, we just came home and didn’t have good cell coverage.

Good idea Stearn. I might try that next time. Last time I talked to them about something else, they were not that helpful though

KNMIB, any idea how they “fixed” it? I read elsewhere that blowing some air (not too high pressure) might take care of removing some debris that may have gotten stuck.

In the end, it looks like it fixed itself after a week. My best guess is that something was indeed stuck there and the trap was left open, but it eventually fixed itself. We drove 550 miles the last day and never had any smell, windows open or not.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:32 PM   #14

Glad to hear problem solved . Having the same type Rv I try to gain as much knowledge as I can. Would have never thought of pressure to fix a drain valve? I thought there would be a p trap like a house, not a valve.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lduchesne View Post
Sorry it took a while to answer, we just came home and didn’t have good cell coverage.

Good idea Stearn. I might try that next time. Last time I talked to them about something else, they were not that helpful though

KNMIB, any idea how they “fixed” it? I read elsewhere that blowing some air (not too high pressure) might take care of removing some debris that may have gotten stuck.

In the end, it looks like it fixed itself after a week. My best guess is that something was indeed stuck there and the trap was left open, but it eventually fixed itself. We drove 550 miles the last day and never had any smell, windows open or not.
Have you ran water to see if it drains then reseals itself? Im just speculating about how the drain works but if you look at your pic you cant see a ptrap. I would ask my dealer but we are leaving next Sat for Yellowstone, Utah and Arizona.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #16

IDUCHSNE Any update on your shower drain?
Old 10-18-2020, 11:18 AM   #17

KNMIB, it actually fixed itself. Probably something that was stuck for a while and it couldn't reseal completely. I hate problems that fix themselves though

I contacted Coachmen on an unrelated topic and plan on asking them about that as well, but have yet to get a call back after a week.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lduchesne View Post
KNMIB, it actually fixed itself. Probably something that was stuck for a while and it couldn't reseal completely. I hate problems that fix themselves though

I contacted Coachmen on an unrelated topic and plan on asking them about that as well, but have yet to get a call back after a week.
Thanks, let me know what they say. We are on a couple month trip out west and I wanted to find access to water pump just in case. When you open the large storage area on the driver side in the back its behind the left panel looking in. I cut that panel out and there it was so now if needed I can replace.
Thank goodness it works fine. Just a tip. Safe travels to all.

Tags
plumbing, show, shower