Old 08-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #1

Mirada 32SS front privacy shade

My 2020 Mirada 32SS has two front shades, first a solar shade that comes half-way down - makes sense, wouldn't want it all the way down while driving - but the second shade, like the rest of the shades throughout, is a privacy shade... except it only comes down half-way, as well. There's plenty of shade on the roll but it will not descend further, mechanically or manually. I'm not sure what use it serves if it doesn't come all the way down to afford privacy. Any comments?

pjd52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #2

Okay, this is resolved. Key has to be completely in OFF position. I had it it Position 1 to allow the steps to retract since the unit is on the street. Once the key was OFFD both shades descend all the way down.

So, there's an icon that reveals "Edit/Delete," but once selected there seems to be no way, that I could find, to delete the message.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjd52 View Post
Okay, this is resolved. Key has to be completely in OFF position. I had it it Position 1 to allow the steps to retract since the unit is on the street. Once the key was OFFD both shades descend all the way down.

So, there's an icon that reveals "Edit/Delete," but once selected there seems to be no way, that I could find, to delete the message.
Just curious. Doesn't your steps retract every time the door is closed when the step switch is OFF?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Just curious. Doesn't your steps retract every time the door is closed when the step switch is OFF?
So, when you mention "step switch," what are you referring to? Where is the switch located?

There is a Step/Light switch right above the Electrical Switch. If the Electrical Switch is ON, yes, the steps will retract. If the Electrical Switch is OFF, the steps will not retract. I don't want the drain of the Electrical Switch being left ON when the unit is curbside.

The work-around is to leave the Step/Light switch in the ON position, turn the Electrical Switch ON, close the screen door - the steps retract - reach in through the screen door handle opening and turn the Electrical Switch OFF. Close the outer door.

If there's another way, I'm interested.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjd52 View Post
So, when you mention "step switch," what are you referring to? Where is the switch located?

There is a Step/Light switch right above the Electrical Switch. If the Electrical Switch is ON, yes, the steps will retract. If the Electrical Switch is OFF, the steps will not retract. I don't want the drain of the Electrical Switch being left ON when the unit is curbside.

The work-around is to leave the Step/Light switch in the ON position, turn the Electrical Switch ON, close the screen door - the steps retract - reach in through the screen door handle opening and turn the Electrical Switch OFF. Close the outer door.

If there's another way, I'm interested.
I thought because your unit is a 2020 that it would have the Kwikee steps installed. Sounds like yours are either the defunct Lippert or possibly another brand other than Kwikee.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:20 PM   #6

It's also possible that Mirada has modified the installation of Kwikee steps. Typically, Kwikee steps do not function the way you say what you have to do to get the steps retracted for storage. It's much easier; with all the switches off just close the door.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #7

There should also be a small micro switch in the front left corner to adjust the shades up and down height both with the key on and off.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote