Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2020, 11:01 PM   #1

Mirada 35OS Emergency Exit Window

Hello, my wife and I purchased a 2020 Mirada 35OS and have an issue with the back window. We opened the emergency exit window to be sure we were familiar with how it operated and it literally unhinged. We popped the two latches on the bottom of the window and tilted it up but right near 90 degrees the top let go.

I was luckily in position to keep it from dropping but was shocked it let go so easily. Now we cannot seem to get it to hinge back in no matter how hard we try.

Any pointers/advice on this?
Jhengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:08 PM   #2

Might try this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1594094984702
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:28 PM   #3

Interesting. I hate the idea of pulling the stripping because of risk of future leaking but might be my only shot. Window being "fall-out" seems risky in emergency. Nothing like jumping 10 feet onto a pile of broken glass. Yikes.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:13 PM   #4

So I took the seal out but I am having a similar problem as last night. It seems to pop out of the track instead of mating in. You can see this at 20 seconds in this video:

https://youtu.be/90Hz2vkh9qw

I feel like we must be doing something wrong. Even with two people working together, this is what happens.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:51 PM   #5
Hank

Fire excape

No info about you window but I do about the 10 foot drop. My window on my Coachmen class c did not come out but did hang on your back as you tried to exit the window so I held it open all the way and drilled a hole in frame and put a pin in to hold it open. Next I got the back wall drawing from FR as to where the studs were located and install a fire escape latter under the window. At 70 years old If the smoke & fire didn’t get me the 10 foot drop would

Hank
Henry Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 05:08 PM   #6

Feet first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Barnes View Post
No info about you window but I do about the 10 foot drop. My window on my Coachmen class c did not come out but did hang on your back as you tried to exit the window so I held it open all the way and drilled a hole in frame and put a pin in to hold it open. Next I got the back wall drawing from FR as to where the studs were located and install a fire escape latter under the window. At 70 years old If the smoke & fire didn’t get me the 10 foot drop would

Hank
I've thought about this, but don't know if I would have the presence of mind in an emergency. The exit window is over the bed. The intuitive way to exit is head first, but it seems like the best way to exit is feet first, face down. Squiggle out until you can bend at the hips. Continue, and as your torso exits, grasp the bottom edge of the window frame with both hands. Hold on until your arms are fully extended. Then release. At this point your feet will only be 2-3 feet from the ground. At 75 years of age, I believe I can manage this. I will try it when I have the opportunity. In fact, periodic fire drills would be a good practice, especially for family campers.;
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window