Old 03-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #1

Modifying for car seats? New here...

Hubs and I bought a 2018 Coachmen Freelander 28BH last year. We were both excited to upgrade to a bigger rig than our previous in bed truck camper, as a young family with quickly growing 5 year old twins and an 8 year old. We honestly were novice and hadnít considered car seats, as we had both grown up in RVís in a time where you moved about and hardly no one was ever restrained while going down the freeway. We have taken two decently long trips without proper restraints (not because we donít care about our kids, we just didnít know any better).

I feel super foolish that I hadnít thought about car seat positions in our new RV (until now) and the salesman obviously hadnít cared to ask or give a heads up after seeing our multiple young kids - I understand, that wasnít his job.

There is one factory installed child restraint tether anchor for a five point harness car seat. Iím wondering if we could install our own, second anchor on the same side of the dinette that the factory installed one is - as our twins need to be in forward facing car seats still. Our oldest is in a booster and Iím still researching the best seat for her.

Long story short, Iíd love to hear some feedback from any others that had to modify their RVís to be more safe for car seat bound kiddos. Please, no negative rude comments... obviously super new to this and just want to make sure we are doing our best for our kidsí safety while enjoying the outdoors and making memories. Thanks!
samplemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote