Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #201

Thanks, Jon!

So glad it's working well now! In addition to what Carl asked, I'm also wondering where you installed the On/Off switch.

Safe travels!

I was looking at the fuses/circuit breakers in ours. Everything was labeled but I've never seen such bad handwriting. No way to decipher a single thing. Not even sure how to being that process!

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Doxies in the Rockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #202

sink cover

My wife made this half cover for sink instead of heavy full cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191016_135718332.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	217430  
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #203

Carl, Hisense gave me a phone number for parts. When I called for the motherboard, I learned they call it main board. The company selling parts for Hisense is called Encompass. I think the phone 800-432-8542. If you go to their webpage you would not find any parts unless you use their search feature. When you type Hisense you will see the parts they have available for our fridge. You will see a photo of the board among other parts photos.

Having seen my sister-in-law’s husband putting the new one, it is not difficult at all. The reason is that all plugs have a different and unique size. So, you cannot miss it. I didn’t take photos as it is very obvious on the back.

What helped our work was that we put together a flat dolly 32” x 30”, and about the same high of the base where the fridge stands in my unit. This made moving it out and in a piece of cake.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:12 PM   #204

Bettye, you are right the breakers are not easy to read the handwriting. There is a breaker for the fridge and TV. If you turn it off, then you can prevent the spike but you will need to turn it back on. It is the same effect as the on/off switch, but with time it will ruin the breaker. That’s why we installed an on/off switch.

We installed our switch on the piece of wood that run across the top of fridge. I can take a photo if this would help.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:56 PM   #205

Bettye, here is the photo of the switch we installed and the location.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	switchphoto.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	217504  
Old 10-17-2019, 11:57 PM   #206

Jon, Thanks for all of the information! Good to know flipping the breaker on & off could cause it to go bad sooner! When you have the time, I would appreciate seeing a picture of the switch you added. Oops - I see you already posted it. Thank you! Most of our projects will now have to wait until Spring but that doesn't keep the to-do list from growing!

Carl, Great idea on the smaller sink cover - we may copy that! We are also going to put a fold-down counter extension next to the sink to give a little more work space.

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Old 10-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #207

Well, we arrived today to the Houston area for the winter. It is so nice not to need a sweater or a jacket here at this time, unlike back home.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
Well, we arrived today to the Houston area for the winter. It is so nice not to need a sweater or a jacket here at this time, unlike back home.

I would love to do that.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #209

Jon - Lucky you! Today is warm enough to not need a sweater and there's not a cloud in the sky. Tomorrow the snow returns. By mid-week we are to have a high of 22 & a low around 5!

I have what is probably a dumb question. We have winterized and other than getting a cover put on, we are done for the year. Except -- I have turned the battery disconnect knob to Off. We are not plugged in to shore power. However, the green light is still lit on the carbon monoxide/propane detector. Do we need to disconnect the battery to stop the power to it or is there something else we are forgetting to do that will stop the draw of power to the detector?

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Old 10-26-2019, 04:22 PM   #210

i assume that if you disconnect the three batteries you should be fine. After disconnecting the three of them, there is no place to draw power from. The disconnect switch on the panel does not do the trick, that is my experience. Disconnect the ground cable from the batteries. I installed a cut-off switch on mine for the time when I have it on storage during some weeks during the summer.

Sorry about you upcoming temps, that's exactly why left WI.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:59 PM   #211

Thank you, Jon. That took care of it. And, thanks for the suggestion of the cut-off switch. Joe's going to put one on.

The temperature is already dropping and snow is to start overnight, continuing for several days. At least for the most part we have fabulous weather 3 of the 4 seasons! However, thinking about getting away for at least part of Winter would sure be nice. Joe needs to retire first though. Thankfully that's too far in the future!

Thank you again for your continued help. We really appreciate it!

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Old 10-26-2019, 08:47 PM   #212

Bettye, I don't know how cold it gets where you folks but if we were staying in WI for the winter and would keep the unit outside, I would remove completely the three batteries and bring them inside for the season.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #213

Thanks Jon.
I’ll pass that along to Joe when he gets home from elk hunting. We are on the west side of Denver, so we might briefly hit zero one or two times a Winter but it doesn’t stay as cold here as you have in Wisconsin. We’ll definitely look into removing the batteries though!
When you said 3 batteries, were you referring to 2 under the step & 1 under the hood? I unhooked the 2 batteries under the step & the light on the detector went off so I think I’m good. That was easy to do — removing the batteries is beyond my pay scale & will have to wait for Joe!
Enjoy your mild temps. Snow is falling here & is to continue thru Wednesday.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:31 PM   #214

Back home is probably colder. I still would remove the 2 batteries below the steps as well as the one upfront. My recommendation.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:43 PM   #215

I finished waxing my unit. This is my third winter in it. It still looks very good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0099.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	219986  
Old 11-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #216

Looks good! When do you want me to bring mine over for you wax?
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #217

Sway bar

I know that several of you have mentioned putting a sway bar on your Class C. Which did you purchase and are you pleased with the results now that you've driven with it a while.

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Old 12-22-2019, 11:07 PM   #218

I installed a Roadmaster from etrailer.com. It works very well, and made a big difference. Not a big deal installing it.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:43 AM   #219

I just put Hellwigs on my Sunseeker 28DS. Front is #7718 and the rear is #7180. They are massive compared to the stockers and are estimated to be 90% stiffer. They directly replaced the stock factory bars that are on the E450.

With about 10.5 ' hanging off the rear axle, these things need a lot heavier sway bars.

Here's what I've done so far.

I had the alignment corrected first, and my brief freeway ride told me that it was better, but I still expected better stability against wind and passing trucks, so I added the sway bars. That really helped a lot more too, but my brief test tells me it could be better yet. I still see the need to add a track bar.
Even after I add the track bar, I'll only have about $1400 into the suspension mods including the alignment that was a little over $200. I installed the bars myself, and will install the track bar too. Everything is a direct replacement/bolt-on, so the only challenge is getting the RV on a level pad. My guess is that shops charge about $600 to install this stuff, but doing it myself allows me to familiarize myself with the undercarriage.
The real test will come once I go on a trip with the car in tow.
n1acguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #220

Thank you both! I'll look those up & get an order placed.

Jon, did you put one on the front or back?

Another question please ...

We need to get set up to tow a vehicle. Do you use a dolly or 4 down (doable with my Edge)? Obviously I get the need for the space when parking with the dolly but beyond that what are the advantages/disadvantages of either?

2018 Leprechaun 311FS

Tags
class c