Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2020, 02:25 PM   #241

Behind Bars - Thank you for the links! Murphy's Law dictates you're most likely to have trouble when you don't have and/or can't access the information to fix it!

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Doxies in the Rockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:46 PM   #242

Here are a couple photos of the propane connector I installed in my unit. It is one of the best additions, it allows me to use a 20# tank for heating. If I want to pull some LP for a grill it has an out connections. I needed to move the regulator a bit to the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas connector.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	226040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas connector 2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	226041  
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #243

Jon, Do you have a part number or link for the connector? Looks good!
Old 04-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #244

Here is the part description. I bought it from Amazon. It is very good and comes with both the in hoses, but is not cheap.

Camco Propane Brass 4 Port Tee- Comes with 5ft and 12ft Hoses, Allows for Connection Between Auxiliary Propane Cylinder and Propane Appliances (59123)
Old 04-13-2020, 10:23 AM   #245

New owner of a 2018 Leprechaun 311FS

Hello, I bought my unit from a gentleman that was not able to use it after he purchased it due to his father's health. He got it already to use but did not get a chance to test it out. It had less than 400 miles on it. So, my wife and I drove it 1500 miles for a 3 month stay at a 55 and over resort in Texas. Needless to say that we got the fun of working the bugs and defects out. But, we are very happy with it and can't complain. Below, I will list the items/issues that we have encountered so far. If anyone needs details on any of them just let me know.

1. Auto leveling system. We can't get it to settle down so we just use Manual arrows and we're fine with that...not a big deal. ALSO, I had to replace one of the hydraulic spools because the cylinder would drift up over time.

2.Hot water heater- board went bad (replaced) Amazon

3. Interior LED lights- one starting to strobe and flicker, the manufacturer sent me a new one. Then another one started to strobe, they gave me all new (model) lights at not charge! Command Electronics

4. The Blue lit digital capacitive thermostat was constantly turning itself on. Fixed that by leaving the cover off and just use my finger to touch one of the three buttons- no biggie!

5. The Firestone Ride-Rite air spring on the passenger side has a slow leak, probably the fitting. Haven't fixed it yet, just keep airing it up.

6. Had to do some recaulking around the kitchen sink, they did a poor job there.

7. The drawer's plastic latches are cheap and have had to replace 3 already.

8. Since it didn't come with a SAT cable connector for my DISH system, I installed one. It is the same model that came on it for using CABLE TV.

Buckeye Dad
2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS
Toad- 2011 Honda CRV with Blue OX towing equipment and Redi-Brake
Buckeye Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:02 PM   #246

Buckeye Dad,
Sorry to hear about all the issues you faced.
Do you want to share the contact information for the lights?
The leveling system can be tricky. One morning when I was leaving one of them did not want to retract. Just in case it helps, I called my dealer when that happened. The service manager told me to unscrew the little panel, disconnect it, wait a couple minutes and reconnect it. It did the trick. He told me this was one of the recommendations they got from the manufacturer. Wish you well.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:24 AM   #247

Here is the led light info: Command Electronics
269.679.4011 Jen Sharp Part number 001-1050/1051 non switch model. Email her Jen@Commandelectronics.com

Question, what little panel are you referring to on the leveling system??
Old 04-18-2020, 08:17 PM   #248

I don't know what came with your unit. However, mine came with a built in small panel for the leveling system. It is on the left hand side as you come in. Did yours?

Thanks for the info on the lights.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:09 AM   #249

Ours came with a separate box for the Big Foot system. The box has the same panel as those on the wall inside the door. We bought our unit used with almost 9k miles on it, maybe it was added at dealer. I am thinking about putting the panel on the wall. It has a long cable/wire and seems to originate under the driver's seat. The good thing about mine is I can stand outside holding the control to raise and lower.

Every year there are slight differences in the units. I keep checking out new units and making upgrades. For example, the exhaust fan over the stove got in my way for cooking (I'm 6'4"), so I ordered the exhaust fan unit from a 2020. I tried searching for one on line but couldn't find exact size. I tried the dealer and was able to get the OEM one for only about $125 with shipping if I remember correctly. It was an easy swap. If you look at pictures of new 311FS's on line you can see what it looks like.

Also my control panel switches were not labeled, but newer units are. Again I ordered the newer switch covers from the dealer and even changed one switch to match the others.

Newer units have access hole under bed for access to fresh water tank drain. I installed one of those so now I don't have to remove panel under mattress to drain tank. I used a generic part for that modification.

My over head compartments in bedroom and over booth did not have struts. So, I installed those, again generic parts (same as factory). Maybe they just ran out when doing my unit.

I also took out all parts to wine rack and now have a little more kitchen storage.

I, too, installed the extended stay valve on my propane tank. I noticed newer units now come with built-in hook up near rear of MH. I didn't want to attempt that modification so I went the easier route and am very happy with it. I don't have to use small gas bottles anymore. The hose with kit isn't really long enough if you want your awning extended while grilling, so I found an extra hose to be able to put grill further out.

I've also done steering stabilizer and front and rear sway bars. Still need to get alignment before I try it out, after all this mess is over.

Sorry, about getting long winded, but when I get started, I don't know when to stop.

One question I haven't found the answer to. Why does my MH say 311FW instead of 311FS next to the door?

Everyone stay safe and hope to meet you at a CG soon. Ron
Old 04-19-2020, 10:07 AM   #250

Oh, I know what you're referring to now. So basically remove the four Philips screws, slide the unit forward and reboot the system by killing the power it. ;o)
Old 04-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #251

Buckeye Dad, that is exactly what anyone needs to do if one of the levelers doesn't work. I learned this the hard way one morning when as I was getting ready to leave one of them did not want to retract. I had to call the dealer who helped me.

Ron, the Big Foot control installed on the entry panel was an option. Many came like yours. In mine, I just push the auto-leveling and sit on the picnic table seat and observed. The draining access in all are on the side of the bed. However, I think the question was about where was the water pump. To access the water pump anyone will need to remove the panel under the bed.

Thanks for the information about the stove blower. I didn't know about it. I will look at it as I am 6'2", and it sounds like it will hep.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:49 PM   #252

Solar Ready

I need some help. I bought a 2020 Jayco Greyhawk used. Solar hookups on the roof but can not find anyone that knows what was installed or where it is located. The only thing I can find is this bundle of wires.

RV service center says it is for a 2nd air conditioner. Any ideas would be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0379.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	443.1 KB
ID:	227403  
AZRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:41 PM   #253
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRV View Post
I need some help. I bought a 2020 Jayco Greyhawk used. Solar hookups on the roof but can not find anyone that knows what was installed or where it is located. The only thing I can find is this bundle of wires.

RV service center says it is for a 2nd air conditioner. Any ideas would be helpful.
Since Jayco is not a Forest River product, not sure if anyone can help answer your model-specific questions. I doubt if anyone here owns a 2020 Greyhawk.
Plus the OP started this thread in the Coachmen Motorhome sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:06 PM   #254
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRV View Post

These Jayco clubs and forums will give you the answers you seek.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f113/

http://jaycorvclub.com/

https://www.rvillage.com/group/446/jayco-owners

https://www.facebook.com/JaycoRvOwnersPage
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:32 PM   #255

Sorry AZRV, we don't have the experience to help you. As mentioned, you need to visit a Jayco forum. Wish you well
Old 04-22-2020, 10:14 PM   #256
A Wanderer of Deserts

We bought a used 2017 Sunseeker 30 foot class C with 12k miles and also experienced numbers 1-3. I called when the first LED started to flicker and they offered to send 6, I said I only needed one, they still sent 6. Five more LED's failed so I've used all 6! Also had water heater circuit board go out. And the auto leveling ain't so auto. I feel your pain brother. But, still love RV life, just part of the fun.
Houndwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:37 PM   #257

Having a MH is both a learning as well as a challenging experience. However, I will recommend to anyone.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #258

Here is my next project. I don't know why they put these outlets made out of plastic. It broke by itself, perhaps due to the bumps driving from TX to WI. I think they should put something more stronger.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BrokenOutlet.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	507.2 KB
ID:	233707  
Old 07-12-2020, 02:24 AM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
Here is my next project. I don't know why they put these outlets made out of plastic. It broke by itself, perhaps due to the bumps driving from TX to WI. I think they should put something more stronger.
just a question that looks like a GFIC by the picture, it also looks discolored. I had to replace mine as well, the reason I say that is the cover plate

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:32 AM   #260

Which outlet is that one? Man, it doesn't seem that normal road travels would break them...weird.

Tags
class c