Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2022, 11:19 AM   #1

New 12v ProAir 20k btu noisy

I purchased a new 2022 Beyond 22C AWD li3. I paid the premium for the lithium package to eliminate a noisy generator as to not bother fellow campers when needing air conditioning. The 12v ProAir unit makes a loud low whining noise like a Lear jet taxiing. I think it makes more noise than a generator would. I know the warbling whine is more annoying. Is anyone else having this experience. If so is there a cure? Other than donít run the A/C. I asked a dealer about it. Answer, yaw there noisy.
10thtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:31 AM   #2
Site Team

Moved thread to the Coachmen Motorhomes sub-forum.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:35 AM   #3

I think the chances of finding someone on this forum that has your rig with the ProAir is pretty slim. Have you tried the ProAir website? They have contact numbers as well as manuals and troubleshooting guides.

That a really good looking B.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:53 AM   #4

Interesting--I did not see the 12V ProAir as an option on their website. My generator 2022 Coachmen came with the Premier Turbo II 12V A/C. Two-surprises--how relatively quiet it was inside, and how loud it was outside! And, as you predicted, it actually is louder than the generator (the new Onans are really quiet)
JonMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMN View Post
Interesting--I did not see the 12V ProAir as an option on their website. My generator 2022 Coachmen came with the Premier Turbo II 12V A/C. Two-surprises--how relatively quiet it was inside, and how loud it was outside! And, as you predicted, it actually is louder than the generator (the new Onans are really quiet)
JonMN: thanks for the reply. My fault. My Beyond came with O info on A/C . The component/accessories sheet list A/C with blank line as if it didnít have one. Through hunt & peck I came up with ProAir. Through contact at Coachmen the build sheet has Premier Turbo 2 on my build sheet, my bad. Talked to Premier factory service rep. really nice guy. He said the noise was legit and they were trying to address it in future model. When looking to buy I heard one of these running on an American Patriot. I asked about the noise and was told it was loud because it was under a metal cover. In my excitement to buy a new coach I let it slide, again ďmy badĒ. I could have saved almost $20K without th lithium Package. If we can now just find some parks with open slots,weíre ready to go.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thtp View Post
JonMN: thanks for the reply. My fault. My Beyond came with O info on A/C . The component/accessories sheet list A/C with blank line as if it didnít have one. Through hunt & peck I came up with ProAir. Through contact at Coachmen the build sheet has Premier Turbo 2 on my build sheet, my bad. Talked to Premier factory service rep. really nice guy. He said the noise was legit and they were trying to address it in future model. When looking to buy I heard one of these running on an American Patriot. I asked about the noise and was told it was loud because it was under a metal cover. In my excitement to buy a new coach I let it slide, again ďmy badĒ. I could have saved almost $20K without th lithium Package. If we can now just find some parks with open slots,weíre ready to go.
I'm a complete rookie this year with my Coachmen! First RV. Our main use was to be for LONG drives to someplace warmer than Minnesota. I did not order mine, so it happened to come with this AC. It's an expensive option! The big plus is being DC it will run a lot longer on your lithium batteries. I doubt any of the ACs are very quiet from the outside, but I did not listen to any others to compare.

Next year I am thinking of replacing my AGM battery with a lithium. There is a 300 AH lithium which should be almost a drop-in replacement. About 1/2 what you have, but still a plus.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:05 PM   #7

Quote:
I'm a complete rookie this year with my Coachmen! First RV. Our main use was to be for LONG drives to someplace warmer than Minnesota. I did not order mine, so it happened to come with this AC. It's an expensive option! The big plus is being DC it will run a lot longer on your lithium batteries. I doubt any of the ACs are very quiet from the outside, but I did not listen to any others to compare.

Next year I am thinking of replacing my AGM battery with a lithium. There is a 300 AH lithium which should be almost a drop-in replacement. About 1/2 what you have, but still a plus.
So far the longest I have run the A/C on the 630 lithium package is about 5 hours 90 degrees outside 80 inside at that point I had 60 % available battery , theoretically it should go around 10 hours. I say I have 630 amp lithiums. With 100% charge it will show 628-630 amps none of my paperwork says what it is. One of my only criticismís of Coachmen is this almost $200,000 MSRP Coach came with almost no information and no coach specific general option manual. The Coachmen customer service representatives are very helpful and willing. It seems that when I need help itís always after hours so itís the next day or later. It also seems there is very little thatís intuitive about these systems. With that said, I really like this Beyond. Now we need to find some open days at the parks so we can use it.
The 300 amp lithium sounds like a good idea. From what I have heard, you want to be sure your charging system is compatible. Both inverter/charger & solar.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thtp View Post
So far the longest I have run the A/C on the 630 lithium package is about 5 hours 90 degrees outside 80 inside at that point I had 60 % available battery , theoretically it should go around 10 hours. I say I have 630 amp lithiums. With 100% charge it will show 628-630 amps none of my paperwork says what it is. One of my only criticismís of Coachmen is this almost $200,000 MSRP Coach came with almost no information and no coach specific general option manual. The Coachmen customer service representatives are very helpful and willing. It seems that when I need help itís always after hours so itís the next day or later. It also seems there is very little thatís intuitive about these systems. With that said, I really like this Beyond. Now we need to find some open days at the parks so we can use it.
The 300 amp lithium sounds like a good idea. From what I have heard, you want to be sure your charging system is compatible. Both inverter/charger & solar.
Thanks for the information! Pretty happy with my Beyond, but a few things to get fixed. I'm more used to auto repairs that take days, so weeks at a time are new to me. I've tracked down about 90% of the minor interior rattles so far too--A little foam tape, a little felt, and it's way quieter.

I like the Ford Transit chassis--dually and all wheel drive. We had our first long drive in it recently. Pretty impressed at how well it handled wind, and about 13 MPH on the freeway! Since we live where it gets REALLY cold in the winter, I am more comfortable with gas than diesel.

Given your results, it sounds like 300 AH Lithium might be nice for us. Think I will wait until next year when the warranty is off. One nice thing about the Beyond is that they did use nice equipment when they put it together. Both my inverter/charger and the solar are ready for Lithium. I need to change out the Battery Isolation Manager--that will take a little research.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks for the information! Pretty happy with my Beyond, but a few things to get fixed. I'm more used to auto repairs that take days, so weeks at a time are new to me. I've tracked down about 90% of the minor interior rattles so far too--A little foam tape, a little felt, and it's way quieter.

I like the Ford Transit chassis--dually and all wheel drive. We had our first long drive in it recently. Pretty impressed at how well it handled wind, and about 13 MPH on the freeway! Since we live where it gets REALLY cold in the winter, I am more comfortable with gas than diesel.

Given your results, it sounds like 300 AH Lithium might be nice for us. Think I will wait until next year when the warranty is off. One nice thing about the Beyond is that they did use nice equipment when they put it together. Both my inverter/charger and the solar are ready for Lithium. I need to change out the Battery Isolation Manager--that will take a little research.
I think your right, 300 lithium should work. You will have best of both worlds. The 300 should handle the fridge and a/c for lunch break or shopping then an auto start on the generator if batteries get too low. Wish I had known this last year.
Check out Palisades state park in lower Minnesota. Our favorite RV hang out 20 + years ago. If it hasnít been trashed out itís really cool. A gorge with 50 ft quartzite walls a clear little river in the middle of nowhere, 20+ miles from Sioux Falls SD. Have fun. Terry

Tags
12v