Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 03:18 PM   #1

New Coachmen

Just wanted to day hi. Just coming out of a Leprechaun 260DS. Just way to cramp and I can work from anywhere so we went with the Mirada 32ud. I picked it cause the floor plan. I can lock myself in the bedroom and it has a nice desk in their where I can hook up a computer and laptop for work. And the front slide is really nice as it really opens up. I had a hard time finding any reviews on it. Could have went with a Jayco, but the thing was just to Ugly on the outside. My toad is a Arcadia Denali just coming in below the recommended weight rating. Still have to invest in the hookups ect... The only problem I have so far is gauging the right side when driving I tend to ride a bit to the right, I am sure it's just a matter of more miles to get use to it.
So if you see someone hitting cones on the right that will be me
Djisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #2

Hello there! Yes, orienting yourself does take a bit of time to adjust. I try to visualize my chairs position straight down to the road. If you feel like your chair is traveling on the line end in the first one-third of the road (imagining your lane is split in thirds lengthwise) you're in the right spot. Or so that works for me... Have fun!
jjd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #3

Welcome and congrats on the new coach!
Old 07-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #4

Good evening and welcome to the site from SW Idaho.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #5

I get a better sense of where I am in relation to the road when pulling the toad. The rear view camera gives me a clear picture of distance between the lines. The side mirrors help, but the camera gives me the best view.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Checkeredcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #6

Welcome from Wisconsin.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:56 PM   #7

Thanks folks,
Tackled my first issue. The overhead bed wasn't aligned correctly. Coach emailed the troubleshooting PDF and I reset it, so it works now. Another thing I added was when the bedroom ac is on you can't hear the TV. It's in an overhead cabinet and the sound comes out the back so added some external speakers. Had this for a month and leaving for the first trip next Friday. Sure I will find more things then but it should be fun
Djisle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen