Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
World Wide Wanderer

No more Concords?

I was on the Coachmen RV site today and noticed that all remaining Concord floor plans are Dealer Stock Only. So apparently it has been killed off.

We love ours and have no plans to trade it or upgrade anytime soon. Just want to use it more.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:00 PM   #2

I wonder how this is going to hurt the trade value of those units.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I was on the Coachmen RV site today and noticed that all remaining Concord floor plans are Dealer Stock Only. So apparently it has been killed off.

We love ours and have no plans to trade it or upgrade anytime soon. Just want to use it more.

Aaron

I’m wondering when this happened, I was at the factory in August and they where still building them, I’ll call Jason Johnson today I’m dealing with the factory now for an issue, I’ll get the low down and post it when I find out.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:12 AM   #4
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
I am sure it will go up! They will now become "Rare and Valuable"!

In reality, I doubt it will make any real difference.

Aaron

Old 10-16-2019, 05:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
As most appliances, fixtures are generic across the industry and readily available, I don't see it making any real impact on the value.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:02 AM   #6

Quote:
I am sure it will go up! They will now become "Rare and Valuable"!

In reality, I doubt it will make any real difference.

Aaron

Just got a text from Coachmen, the last Concord rolled off the line 2 weeks ago, no reason was given me. They said that it shouldn’t effect any owners with this change.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:22 AM   #7

The only thing that I think could be a problem down the road would be if a owner had to replace some upper cabinets being the curved upper wall. Other that they are all the same as far as parts go. He told me that he doesn’t understand the reason why being he is only the warranty manager, he’s not privey to those corporate master minds. There is going to be a lot sitting at dealers unless they really drop the price, if I was looking for a new unit, I don’t think I would buy a model that has been discontinued, it would have to be deeply discounted. I’m not planning on buying a new Class C , and now I have all the bugs worked out . Knock on wood. Don’t understand why they did this, but by these forums most are buying there other models not the Concord which I really like. If someone finds out why they stopped the line, please post it.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:14 PM   #8
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
As most appliances, fixtures are generic across the industry and readily available, I don't see it making any real impact on the value.
The only major issue I could foresee would be having to replace a major body component like a front or rear cap or possibly a slide or door.

I agree that all the smaller stuff is readily available.

Aaron

Old 10-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #9

I may be wrong but I thought I saw FR offering Foresters with over cab bunk or without. My favorite Forester 2801QS is gone also. I hate those overhangs over the cab.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:47 PM   #10

Quote:
The only major issue I could foresee would be having to replace a major body component like a front or rear cap or possibly a slide or door.

I agree that all the smaller stuff is readily available.

Aaron
the door would be okay, I just had one replaced in August, they just pulled it and and made a templet, sent it off and I had a new door 3 days later. Now the the caps could be a problem.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #11

I see also that Winnebago has killed off the Aspect and Cambria products, an RV that, to me, is similar to the Concord. I was told by a prominent Winnebago dealer that the company is going to focus on their mid-priced products and make them their up-scale units in the product line. I translated this to mean they are going to focus on building cheap RVs that are affordable and sell in higher volume instead of going after the lower volume luxury market. This trend in the industry will make it more difficult to buy a well built RV, like the Concord, if that’s what you’re interested in.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
I may be wrong but I thought I saw FR offering Foresters with over cab bunk or without. My favorite Forester 2801QS is gone also. I hate those overhangs over the cab.
You are correct; most Sunseeker and Forester class Cs (but not the Chevys) are available with what they call the optional Trekker cap with entertainment and storage, rather than a bunk. We bought one with the Trekker cap because we also dislike the looks and difficult cleaning of a bunk overhang.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:45 PM   #13

Now I wish they would put the TV across from the couch and give people's neck a break.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:13 PM   #14

I have just learned today from Coachmen’s Concord division, that they have decided to bring back the model, they are doing a whole new design on the RV and will start production again next year, they came to there senses it seems, learned that today. That’s good news from Coachmen...[emoji106][emoji847]

Old 11-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #15
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Now I wish they would put the TV across from the couch and give people's neck a break.
That's easy enough to fix with a swivel mount.

Aaron

Old 11-18-2019, 05:34 PM   #16
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I have just learned today from Coachmen’s Concord division, that they have decided to bring back the model, they are doing a whole new design on the RV and will start production again next year, they came to there senses it seems, learned that today. That’s good news from Coachmen...[emoji106][emoji847]
Interesting and good news. I will be interested to see if they maintain the current general chassis and floor plan layouts with some upgrades or do a complete redesign with something else and just slap the Concord name on it.

Aaron

Old 11-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Interesting and good news. I will be interested to see if they maintain the current general chassis and floor plan layouts with some upgrades or do a complete redesign with something else and just slap the Concord name on it.

Aaron
I don’t know either did Jason, he said that he was happy they decided to bring it back. I was talking to him today because I couldn’t fine a shut off vale to the fresh water tank, I didn’t want to add antifreeze by just switching the outside valve, he told me off the pump there was a valve to turn on the the fresh water line. Well I tore the whole thing apart I guess they forgot on mine, I went to Ace and bought a in-line valve and in stalled it. It shuts off the the fresh water to the tank. He will get back to me in the AM. I want to make sure that I don’t get any antifreeze in that tank. Still not sure if that will stop it. He’s checking said I should have had one in that line, we will see, I’m not doing it until they tell me it’s correct
Old 11-18-2019, 06:43 PM   #18

Quote:
That's easy enough to fix with a swivel mount.

Aaron

A swivel mount won't move the tv from above the cab to across from the couch.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:54 PM   #19

Quote:
A swivel mount won't move the tv from above the cab to across from the couch.
this is true, plus you can’t open the cabinets it sticks out to far, my neck has a problem with the location. To bad they didn’t put it in the counter and then it would rise when you wanted to watch it.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:13 AM   #20

Wahoonc, did you ever fine a valve on the fresh water line to the pump strainer where that tank line hooks into the strainer of the pump? He says it’s a chrome shut off valve between the tank and the pump? I pulled every access panel including the black center panel in the bedroom where the tank is located I can’t find it anywhere, did you ever find one? It’s surpose to be on the white braided line from the pump strainer to where it connects to the blue plex at the low point drain area behind the R/A vent.