Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 01:53 PM   #1

power entry steps won't stay out

Hi! Occasionally my entry steps on my Coachmen Mirada won't stay out. We can be sitting there and hear them come in. I've opened and closed the door, moved the switch on and off, wiped the magnetic contacts off, turn the ignition key on and off to no avail. The when you aren't expecting it they go out and stay. They are the Tread Lite Double steps by Lippert. Anybody got any ideas?
jackhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:01 AM   #2

Steps in and out

I also have had this happen with my 2019 Mirada. Give this a look, you may need to move the door contact part ( the sensor ) a little closer to the screen door. This thing was built way to sensitive. Hope this helps.
texasbozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:55 PM   #3
World Wide Wanderer

Sounds like a loose or possibly corroded connection, sensor spacing, or possibly a bad sensor.

Check the connections first, make sure they are tight and corrosion-free. Check the sensor for proper clearance.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 01:47 PM   #4

The door sensor consists of a bar magnet mounted on the screen door and a normally closed switch mounted on the door jamb. The door switch supplies a ground to the steps controller when the door is opened. The switch is actuated open when the bar magnet is within close proximity (screen door closed) to the jamb mounted switch. The steps switch when OFF will allow the steps to remain extended with the door closed. If the steps switch is ON the steps will always retract with the door closed. The steps will always extend with door open no matter the steps switch position or ignition on/off. The ignition interlock (ignition switch ON) will always retract the steps with door closed no matter steps switch position. This is the way all LIppert (not Kwikee) steps normally function. It does sound like a step controller issue assuming the door switch is remaining open (removing the ground input to the controller) with door closed.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, steps