Old 05-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #1

Power Issue

Hello Everyone. I am a newbie to RVing. I've recently purchased a 2019 Mirada 35OS and I'm still learning the ends and outs of the vehicle. I'm having an issue with power while dry camping. The rv has a 4500 generator. It has an "Auto On" function, whose function is to automatically turn on when the internal batteries run low. The problem I'm having is the internal batteries aren't providing power, even though the gage says they are fully charged. I have no power unless the generator on. I've checked and the battery switch is in the on position. I've looked through the manuals and the issue isn't addressed. Any idea where the problem may be coming from?

Grayson2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
far north Alabama

what 'battery switch' are you referring to?

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 compact diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 100w/5amps roof SOLAR, BlueOx, 100,000+mi since '14... US, Alaska, and Canada... GA, NC, now N AL : )
formerFR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
far north Alabama

also, do you have a Converter, or do you have a whole house INVERTER(which runs the fridge and outlets)?

It sounds like your doorside entry 'USE/STORE' switch is in the 'STORE' mode, meaning that while generator or shore power will provide 120v power to the Converter/Inverter, and then to the 12v lights and fans, when those power sources are then off, the coach is then 'disconnected' from the 12v system, which means you still have 'NO' 12v lights and fans, even though the batteries may be just fine.
Switch the USE/STORE switch to the 'UP' position to reconnect the 12v system.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #4

Power

Thank you for the quick reply. Heading over to the storage area (where she's parked) and give it a try. Thanks again.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:12 PM   #5

Thumbs up Power - Follow-up

formerFR.... Went back to my vehicle to let it run for a while and to look for a switch to flip. Turns out it wasn't a flip switch.....it was a button (push once for on....push again for off). I had never touched this control box before....didn't know what it was for. When I pressed it...lights came on.....frig started working without the generator needing to run....boy did I feel some kind of stupid. It is an inverter system as you believed. Now I know where it is...along with what it is....I won't have any worries about the lack of power during dry camping. Not sure about the A/C. I wasn't able to turn it on while I was playing with the control box. My unit is due for a warranty check-up towards the end of the month. I'll get with them and figure out the rest of the control box. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #6
far north Alabama

Great news...

but Actually, what you found, is the USE/STORE button, which not only turns ON the 12volt system for lights and fans, but ALSO provides 12v power to the INVERTER, which powers the FRIDGE when you are not running the gen or are plugged into 120v power, otherwise...

so, you have two systems: 12v and 120v

12v is the BATTERIES, providing direct current to lights and fans, etc

120v is from the INVERTER, which yes, does get it's power from the batteries, but then 'inverts' it up to 120v power for the FRIDGE, or maybe also an outlet or two.

When you originally, or accidentally, pushed this button some time ago, you effectively shut DOWN all systems, which is exactly what it's for... it disconnected the 12v fuse box, and also the 12v power going to the Inverter.

CONGRATS!

(of course, when you use the generator, or shore power, you have 120v power for EVERYTHING, including the air conditioner(s)...the Converter near your Breaker box and Fuse panel provides the 'down' conversion from 120v to 12v for lights and fans - so the batteries get charged, too)

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 compact diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 100w/5amps roof SOLAR, BlueOx, 100,000+mi since '14... US, Alaska, and Canada... GA, NC, now N AL : )

Tags
power