RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #1

Problem with jacks

I just had a weird problem with the LCI 4 point leveling jacks on my 2013 Mirada 29DS. When I pushed the "Retract All" button all the jack's fully extended! After some work I was able to retract them manually. Then when I started to leave and released the parking brake I went back up in the air!
I went through the manual retraction process again and this time disconnected the pump.
Anybody have any ideas? Is there a switch or a fuse or something I should look for?
I'm currently in Gulf Shores AL. and only got electricity and internet yesterday so I haven't had a lot of research time.
Thanks
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:43 PM   #2
Head Rambler

Sounds like the solenoid valve isn't engaging on retract.
It could be that it's not getting power or that the coil is bad.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:50 PM   #3

You weren't in Gulf State park were you? It looks like a disaster. So awful. And the just renovated pier is destroyed...again.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Sounds like the solenoid valve isn't engaging on retract.
It could be that it's not getting power or that the coil is bad.
I don't know where that solenoid is located. The only solenoids I see are the 4 for the individual jacks.
I suspect that the controller might have gone south.
Thanks

Slowrider,
I am not far from Gulf State Park but we faired pretty good here, some downed trees and poles but overall good.
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #5

The system is definitely in reverse sensing but if there are no flashing or illuminated lights on the control panel? I don't have a Coachmen but if the Lippert panel is like mine then pushing all 4 leveler buttons at the same time resets the system. If pump is reversed to retract levelers then the Trombeta (reversing solenoid) may not be switching but also your slides would not operate correctly. Not really familiar with the Coachmen Mirada system though.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
I just had a weird problem with the LCI 4 point leveling jacks on my 2013 Mirada 29DS. When I pushed the "Retract All" button all the jack's fully extended! After some work I was able to retract them manually. Then when I started to leave and released the parking brake I went back up in the air!
I went through the manual retraction process again and this time disconnected the pump.
Anybody have any ideas? Is there a switch or a fuse or something I should look for?
I'm currently in Gulf Shores AL. and only got electricity and internet yesterday so I haven't had a lot of research time.
Thanks

I canít tell you, but save your time and call Coachmen is first. You can also call LCI being you said itís there system. Both are good at C/S.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:22 PM   #7

I don't know how the LCI system works but in the Big Foot, I was told by my dealer to pull out the connecting panel, unplug the connection, wait for a couple minutes, and plug it back. I don't know if this process would work in yours.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
I don't know how the LCI system works but in the Big Foot, I was told by my dealer to pull out the connecting panel, unplug the connection, wait for a couple minutes, and plug it back. I don't know if this process would work in yours.

Itís the same way I have had both.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #9

I vaguely remember postings with strange leveler operations and remember a diode within one of the harnesses at the valve (motor) location either opening or shorting out. I remember there was a work around involving disconnecting one side of the motor or something like that. There may have been a replacement updated harness from LCI also. The vintage of the GT units were within the same year as the Mirada.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks